Gunting Skunkworks sheath....

hi - got my skunkworks belt sheath for my gunting today and i'm impressed - was wondering how it would work clipped onto shorts, etc and how easy it would be to draw (ya know try to draw w/shorts on and the sheath either comes loose from the pants or you pull your pants up and the sheath refuses to let go as you struggle lol)

not to worry - the clip works finer on sweatpants and shorts and levis, and w/the break away side of the sheath drawing is NO problem

i highly recommend it if ya got a gunting - imho it should come w/the knife.....$22 i think is the price - and it RULES - the best belt sheath for a folder i have ever seen - gonna look and see what else they make them for, a SIFU maybe???

again i cant recommend them highly enough - not too crazy about carrying a folder on the belt, but this is the way to fly w/a gunting imho..

sifu

SIFU1A,

Skunkworks is a true custom shop. Frank will make anything for you that you can dream up.**

**(except a Glock neck sheath with the muzzle pointing up :D...inside joke)

Steve

Oh yeah...or a over-the-shoulder scabbard for your AR-15. :D (for rapid urban deployment, don'tcha know)

Nearly a year ago, in a Jerry Van Cook review of a knife in TK, he mentioned sending the knife he was reviewing to a friend of his in Spokane who made Concealex/Kydex sheaths. Am pretty sure that he named the individual, but not the company -- would have remembered that name from my reading of Tom Peters a few years ago.

Have heard of Skunkworks several times since, but never anything about their location. Checked their website, and there it was: Spokane. I was just there last week, and will be going in September for sure, possibly before that. Am gonna try to see if I can locate him and make a visit, if he allows that.

Thanks much for the link!

Back