1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

H.I. Kothimoda Katana Raffle for 8/9

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Karda, Aug 9, 2012.

1. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    payment sent to your address Karda. 1 ticket that is

best regards

me

2. jsherian

jsherian

Nov 14, 2011
    Have been trigger shy with blems, etc., but could not pass this one up. Sent credit card payment via PayPal to [email protected]. Thank you!

3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Thanks. Will send your number when i've confirmed with auntie.

4. KPierce

KPierce

Dec 30, 2011
    Karda, sorry to ask a newb question. But should I send payment as a gift or for goods ? Would like to get 1 ticket maybe 2 if I my finances allow.

5. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Goods. We don't want to cause any trouble because of the gifting.

6. KPierce

KPierce

Dec 30, 2011
    I thought so but wanted to be certain. Payment sent to [email protected] for an entry. I get paid on thursday, so if there are entries still available I may get another. Thanks for this chance to add to my HI collection.

7. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    I'll email your number as soon as i've confirmed with Auntie.
    Unless a credit card needs to be run, payments by paypal should be sent to my paypal addy. Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of having me run these. Please be sure to read the instructions folks.

8. mtnfalcon

mtnfalcon

Feb 24, 2006
    I don't think I own an real item of silver.
    Doesn't silver oxidize?
    I'm wondering, if there are any other Kothimoda knife owners out there, how difficult it would be to keep this gorgeous piece looking good, especially considering all the texture in the scabbard?

9. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Since the industrial revolution introduced trace amounts of sulfur into the air Silver will now tarnish over time.

Polishing it is rather easy though.

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, it will tarnish over time. I usually take my kothimoda out once a year to polish it up. I've used Nev-R- Dull very lightly, but most any product for cleaning silver should work. I don't usually worry alot about the nooks and crannys, as when these tarnish they make the polished parts stand out more in relief.

11. mtnfalcon

mtnfalcon

Feb 24, 2006
    Thanks Karda. Feeling better about the new maintenance chore (should I win).
    Paypal payment sent to you.

12. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    [​IMG]
    A kothimoda katana scabbard does take about three times as long to polish as a kothimoda khukuri, but it's time well spent.:thumbup:

13. namroevets

namroevets

Feb 9, 2012
    I just threw my name in the hat. Hopefully I got in before the tickets were all gone.

14. falar

Jul 7, 2012
    How many slots left?

15. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    11 slots left to go.

16. falar

Jul 7, 2012
    Is it ok to buy more than one?

I already have one but in order to expedite things I wouldn't mind purchasing additional ones.

17. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007

Yes. It's ok to purchase multple slots.

18. alexanderkbaker

alexanderkbaker

Jan 26, 2008
    All right I'll bite.

19. alexanderkbaker

alexanderkbaker

Jan 26, 2008
    Payment sent.