Had to scratch the itch today...Buck Mesa 632

Been eyeing the Buck Mesa for a couple weeks now. Picked one up today and I am really liking the weight vs size of this fixed blade. I had read these were in the low $30's a little while back, I paid mid 40's and it is well worth that and was a literal STEAL in the low $30's.

It is extremely lightweight for the size, yet feels more robust than the weight leads on. It will make a really comfortable carry knife and the size is right in the range that makes it very capable in several roles. This will go in my truck and be a carry knife at my hunting property. Can't wait to put it to work. I need to pick up a Reaper to partner it with. I almost bought a Reaper a couple years ago, but opted at the time to pick up a CRKT IKOMA Fossil folder. The Reaper that was in stock where I was had the wood scales and I didn't like the look, color or feel of the wood. I'll be on the lookout for a good deal on a Reaper to pair with this one with black nylon scales.

You picked up a good one. This really is a great knife. The 5" blade is perfect in many useful ways. The knife is very ergonomic too. I paid what you did and I feel it was worth every penny. Congrats on your purchase, enjoy!

Awesome blade, Gideontactical has a youtube vid, where it really shined. A lanyard hole would have been a cool addition though.

The Buck Compadre is almost the same knife with a lanyard hole.
Both are a fine size for bushcraft.
The Mesa's only drawback in my opinion is the less than steller sheath.
They have disappeared from the Walmart's in my area. Glad I got one when they were available. A Walmart exclusive item.

yep great knife. use mine all the time. dislike the plastic sheath but got a nylon type one for a sentry/endeavor. works great. fits perfect about the same knife

Not exactly I to the modern or tactical type style knives, but this is a knife I wouldn't mind having.

I'm not sure this knife is "tactical", maybe the black plastic sheath makes it tactical?

Back