hahah. new Gunhammer 600 piece run with secret steel

EDIT 6/24/2012: It's CTS-XHP

I cannot announce the steel yet, but I can tell you that it will make a lot of folks happy.

But feel free to offer guesses in this thread for what kind of steel you think it might be. I can neither confirm nor deny. I also just asked him if it would be a 600 run HTM run or 600 run custom run.

EDIT: These will be available in the standard blade configurations: bowie, torpedo, radian. ETA is sometime in the fall.

Last edited:
Oh man... This is relevant to my interests.

I'm going to say that it is some sort of proprietary steel.

I can completely see ddr making his own steel. I mean someone has to create all these steels that we drool over.

I may have to cancel a certain gunhammer preorder.

If the rumours about Darrel's collaborations with the Elves of Rivendell is true, I'm looking forward to buying my next Gunhammer in mithril.

Thanks for the heads up hark.

Can we get a hint?

There certainly seems alot of M390 coming out lately. I'm still waiting for my little sliver of steel to decide if I like it better than cpm m4.

Bleed, not while I'm drinking something! My nose is dripping blood orange soda right now. Hmm, what to guess. BG42 or S90V perhaps? We already got M390...

Only hint is this. We haven't used this steel before to my knowledge.

Bleed, not while I'm drinking something! My nose is dripping blood orange soda right now. Hmm, what to guess. BG42 or S90V perhaps? We already got M390...

I haven't had a blood orange in years. Can never find them here. The last time I must've had them was as a child growing up in Germany over 2 decades ago. Blood orange soda? Now this I need to try one day. If you're coming to Blade '12, bring me a can or bottle. :D

Nope I have it figured out.....Ready? The handle will be made of alloy lifted from one of the space shuttles. The blade will be an actual chunk of steel from the Titanic.

It's a blade made out of rhinestones in mockery for some of the other folks here mocking me. There. I spilled the beans.

Possibilities are endless. You guys will just have to wait til I get the green light to announce the steel. I wonder if I get to play with a few at Bladeshow this year. The fact that it's a 600 piece run means he either really likes the steel, or there was a big vendor that ordered a whole batch of these. I have very few details.

Back