1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

hahah. new Gunhammer 600 piece run with secret steel

Discussion in 'Darrel Ralph (DDR) Custom Knives & DRT Tactical' started by harkamus, May 10, 2012.

1. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    EDIT 6/24/2012: It's CTS-XHP

I cannot announce the steel yet, but I can tell you that it will make a lot of folks happy.

But feel free to offer guesses in this thread for what kind of steel you think it might be. I can neither confirm nor deny. I also just asked him if it would be a 600 run HTM run or 600 run custom run.

EDIT: These will be available in the standard blade configurations: bowie, torpedo, radian. ETA is sometime in the fall.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. slight

slight

May 22, 2011
    Oh man... This is relevant to my interests.

I'm going to say that it is some sort of proprietary steel.

I can completely see ddr making his own steel. I mean someone has to create all these steels that we drool over.

I may have to cancel a certain gunhammer preorder.

3. Fullmonte

Fullmonte

Apr 3, 2012
    Wood@ 67hrc just because Darrel is an innovator.

4. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    HAH. Thanks for the chuckle.

Not wood and not proprietary steel, unfortunately.

BTW: Don't cancel the pre-order. There is no ETA for this yet.

5. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    If the rumours about Darrel's collaborations with the Elves of Rivendell is true, I'm looking forward to buying my next Gunhammer in mithril.

6. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Just in time for The Hobbit, part 1!

7. Sig_Op

Sig_Op

Nov 1, 2010
    adamantium

8. Fullmonte

Fullmonte

Apr 3, 2012
    Unobtanium. Or reactive armor like a m1 a1

9. slight

slight

May 22, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up hark.

Can we get a hint?

There certainly seems alot of M390 coming out lately. I'm still waiting for my little sliver of steel to decide if I like it better than cpm m4.

10. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Bleed, not while I'm drinking something! My nose is dripping blood orange soda right now. Hmm, what to guess. BG42 or S90V perhaps? We already got M390...

11. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Only hint is this. We haven't used this steel before to my knowledge.

I haven't had a blood orange in years. Can never find them here. The last time I must've had them was as a child growing up in Germany over 2 decades ago. Blood orange soda? Now this I need to try one day. If you're coming to Blade '12, bring me a can or bottle. :D

12. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    This is also a possibility. I could definitely see Darrel calling Logan for a consult.

13. Chipped Karambit

Chipped Karambit

Jan 12, 2012
    Loco tacos from taco bell, or something exotic

14. Fullmonte

Fullmonte

Apr 3, 2012
    Nope I have it figured out.....Ready? The handle will be made of alloy lifted from one of the space shuttles. The blade will be an actual chunk of steel from the Titanic.

15. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    It's a blade made out of rhinestones in mockery for some of the other folks here mocking me. There. I spilled the beans.

16. Fullmonte

Fullmonte

Apr 3, 2012
    In truth I was waiting eagerly for mention of rhinestones.

17. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    You guys will love the blade steel. I wish I could tell ya.

18. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Cts-xhp?

19. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Possibilities are endless. You guys will just have to wait til I get the green light to announce the steel. I wonder if I get to play with a few at Bladeshow this year. The fact that it's a 600 piece run means he either really likes the steel, or there was a big vendor that ordered a whole batch of these. I have very few details.

20. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Are we talking about 600 pieces of only a single blade shape or a mix of styles?