Hallberg Talonite Utility

While I am on a knife reviewing roll I thought I'd show off this Talonite utility knife from Chuck Hallberg. Remember: Images in scan are less beautiful than in reality.
smile.gif

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=270037&a=2049375&p=16914977&Sequence=0

OAL is a tad over 7" with a 3.5" blade. Scales are desert ironwood with mosaic pins. Included was a very nice leather belt sheath. I work in a greenhouse and cut mostly soft materials: poly, plants, rope, cardboard. I wanted a blade with a lot of belly and this is it. It would make a wonderful skinner. This knife will cut through cardboard better than any knife I have experienced. It will take a razor edge (briefly) before settling in to a good utility edge. Between the slight palm swell and the bird's beak the handle really locks into my hand. It is truly a joy to use and has become my first and foremost work knife (putting a half dozen other knives into retirement). The bang for buck ratio on this knife is very high. Thanks, Chuck, for giving me the opportunity to own and use such a beautiful knife. There is a link to Chuck's webpage in my neck knife review.

Jack

You'd think I'd check the spelling closer before I posted.

[This message has been edited by donovan (edited 03-11-2000).]

Hey, nice knife! Looks pretty ergonomic and that blade has plenty of belly while still having a decent point. You've got one great combination of design and material there.

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)
Cetan Blood Brother
Military & Moran Admiration Society

Donovan,
Nice knife! I think your brief, to the point description regarding the edgeholding ability of Talonite is the best I have heard to date!!It will take a razor edge (briefly) before settling in to a good utility edge.
Neil

------------------
Blackwood Knives
More knives in stock! New Talonite models soon!!
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Meeting/5520/index.html

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the kind words. Glad the knife is working out for ya'. It was a lot fun. Your a great guy to work with. I'd try and post
pic of the both of 'em, but that would take
me longer to figure out than making them:)
Chuck Hallberg

Back