Halloween Special

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
22.5 inch 55 ounce Ganga Ram Special by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Superior work by Kumar. Add to your growing GRS collection at $495.

rIUVhSk.jpg

18 inch 36 ounce Butcher Bowie by Anil. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Great value at $145.

XIJqpd7.jpg

12.5 inch 7 ounce Hasiya by Kumar. Carved satisal wood handle. She is sharp and beautiful ! $75. *SOLD*

D1K1Ojb.jpg

12.5 inch 8 ounce Punjabi Churri by Anil. Antler handle. Leather sheath. Sharp ready for service at $78.

enWoKUw.jpg

8.5 inch 4 ounce Bilton Knife by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $45. *SOLD*

cSgNtvX.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
The only literary reference to a Ganga Ram Special that I've seen is in Larry Correia's "Monster Hunter International". A fun read, with knives, large caliber weapons, vampires, werewolves, orcs, elves, and other (hopefully) mythical monsters. Add in a transformed Conquistador and some romance (understated), and you have a thoroughly enjoyable story. There are several sequels.

I believe that a secondary use for the GRS would be to dismantle warships.
Ha! Might need it sooner than later!!! I always drooled over them big GRS's! Either that or 20"AK but after two years or more waiting for GRS I couldnt take it no more and got me a 20" AK and glad I did only because I used it another year at least before any GRS came up! They are rare and sure look sweet!

Howard, it would be super if you could find those pictures. The posts are a bit before my time, but I certainly recognize many of the names.
I believe that Pendentive posted a review with pics.

Howard, it would be super if you could find those pictures. The posts are a bit before my time, but I certainly recognize many of the names.
I believe that Pendentive posted a review with pics.
Agreed! I’m late to this party and it makes me sad so many of the pics are broken

I have the "crusader ganga ram special" made by Dil Bahadur kami from back in 2008, that I got from former forumite Gehazi. It's a little smaller than this one, at 22" and 45 ounces, but it's a very special khukuri and a real beast!
Thanks, Howard, for posting the history links and that picture - I wasn't aware of the history of the GRS.

Ha! Might need it sooner than later!!! I always drooled over them big GRS's! Either that or 20"AK but after two years or more waiting for GRS I couldnt take it no more and got me a 20" AK and glad I did only because I used it another year at least before any GRS came up! They are rare and sure look sweet!

I have one myself, custom ordered, made by Kumar - a tree felling monster of a knife! I'd trade any hatchet for it in a heartbeat, worth every penny.

Back