1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hammering with the spine???

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by SkagSig40, Aug 28, 2002.

1. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    I was wondering if you can hammer with the spine of a CT being that the spine is left soft and the edge hard? Will the back of the blade deform to much? Thank you!

2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Skag,
    I've not done a lot of hammering with the spine of my BR but I have hammered on it a lot. I have taken full swings on the spine with a hammer to aid in splitting some wood. The spine showed no deformation. The coating was a little worn was all.

I hope that helps.
    :D:D

3. gundy

gundy Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2001
    I hope it can handle it...cos when I get mine....it's gonna get a floggin'!

Eric, you should see some of the things I am organising...you will freak out....MWWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHH.

4. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Gundy,
    I might freak out, but the Rat won't :D:D