1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hammering with the spine???

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by SkagSig40, Aug 28, 2002.

1. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    I was wondering if you can hammer with the spine of a CT being that the spine is left soft and the edge hard? Will the back of the blade deform to much? Thank you!

2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Skag,
    I've not done a lot of hammering with the spine of my BR but I have hammered on it a lot. I have taken full swings on the spine with a hammer to aid in splitting some wood. The spine showed no deformation. The coating was a little worn was all.

I hope that helps.
    :D:D

3. gundy

gundy

Apr 6, 2001
    I hope it can handle it...cos when I get mine....it's gonna get a floggin'!

Eric, you should see some of the things I am organising...you will freak out....MWWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHH.

4. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Gundy,
    I might freak out, but the Rat won't :D:D