HAND SANITIZER....

Does anyone have a recipe for hand sanitizer made out of Bacardi? I just tried several types of Bacardi and they all turned out to be different versions of Rum and Coke... I hate failing at anything but I can live with this one... I'll keep experimenting... Let's Ride...

My bottle of Stagg Jr. is 128.x proof. That’s >64% alcohol! It should work straight out of the bottle!

if I drink enough, I think I’ll be sanitized from inside-out :D:D

You simply can't make REAL effective hand sanitizer from any drinking alcohol. You need at least a
99.8% isopropyl alcohol in your solution or 96% Ethanol - this after you have diluted with water - (water is essential) and/or your other skin care products. Any proportion less than that is just pretend. You can use 200 proof alcohol like Everclear or X-F-B but not off the shelf booze. The normal off the shelf 70% isopropyl alcohol, that most of us have in our med cabinet, is already diluted with water and is only effective if used full strength - but brutal on your skin. OK for spraying door knobs, your truck/car steering wheel and packages dropped off at your door, but not as a hand sanitizer.

As I understand it -

HAND SANITIZER RECIPE that will work.

Last edited:
You simply can't make REAL effective hand sanitizer from any drinking alcohol. You need at least a
99.8% isopropyl alcohol in your solution or 96% Ethanol - this after you have diluted with water - (water is essential) and/or your other skin care products. Any proportion less than that is just pretend. You can use 200 proof alcohol like Everclear or X-F-B but not off the shelf booze. The normal off the shelf 70% isopropyl alcohol, that most of us have in our med cabinet, is already diluted with water and is only effective if used full strength - but brutal on your skin. OK for spraying door knobs, your truck/car steering wheel and packages dropped off at your door, but not as a hand sanitizer.

As I understand it -

HAND SANITIZER RECIPE that will work.
I use 151... I think that will work... Let's ride...

Meh. I just made sure to lick my hands every couple hours since I was 16. My immune system is like the engine in a Mercury Grand Marquis.

Fucking solid.

Everclear works. I made mine using 99% isopropyl we have at work, hydrogen peroxide and sunburn gel. It works good and doesn’t dry skin. Used the same recipe as the link above but replaced the glycerol and water with aloe sunburn gel.

Back