Off Topic Handgun & Blade EDC

Yessir 😃
19-3 (1977) was ny dad's service gun that he retired with - she's got one helluva sweet action too.
I bet.
An old used 4" Model 19 that a friend let me shoot is one of the sweetest shooting revolvers I ever held. And with the way most people (well, me) shoot 38 Special more than .357, it would last plenty long. Sweet firearms.

I bet.
An old used 4" Model 19 that a friend let me shoot is one of the sweetest shooting revolvers I ever held. And with the way most people (well, me) shoot 38 Special more than .357, it would last plenty long. Sweet firearms.
I hear ya....& not to mention the ammo they have now a days for .38spc it's truly legit- super accurate and just a very good round imo. I especially like the Underwood Xtreme Defenders.

I've been trying to set up my reloading for 38/357. But every time primers show up available at my sources, I'm strapped for cash for one reason or another. I've got everything else. To at least start low production reloading. My idea is to load up .357 cases, but not to magnum levels. So it shoots softer, but also doesn't leave carbon rings in the chambers.

I've been trying to set up my reloading for 38/357. But every time primers show up available at my sources, I'm strapped for cash for one reason or another. I've got everything else. To at least start low production reloading. My idea is to load up .357 cases, but not to magnum levels. So it shoots softer, but also doesn't leave carbon rings in the chambers.
I like that. That's a good idea.
I've got freakin thousands of round of semi wadcutters from the late 70's early 80's
My dad was a PPC shooter.
But, check out Lehigh Defense for some bullets if ya can. They make the Xtreme Defender for Underwood 😉

I like that. That's a good idea.
I've got freakin thousands of round of semi wadcutters from the late 70's early 80's
My dad was a PPC shooter.
But, check out Lehigh Defense for some bullets if ya can. They make the Xtreme Defender for Underwood 😉
Thanks! I'll look into them.
A friend of mine from years ago (try to keep up with him, but he moves around, and hasn't lived near me in years) inherited one or two .38's from his father, IIRC, along with 8-10 THOUSAND rounds of cartrridges that the guy had loaded over the years. I don't know what he ever did with them. But I'm hoping he has at least made a dent in the inventory by now.

Back