Handle and grind variation on SFNO LEs

UDDwaine

Gold Member
Lunde already started a thread about the handle variations on the SFNO LEs, and mine have the same variation. But, has anyone lese noticed a variation in the grinds on them as well. One of mine has a significantly higher grind as well. The middle knife in the picture below has the lighter / more orange handles, but also the grind goes much higher than the other 2. You can see that the logo actually goes down the grind slightly on that one, and is not even close to the grind on the others.

They are all great looking and great feeling knives, so I'm not complaining at all, just wondering if anyone else noticed anything similar in theirs.

sfnolesry4.jpg

Yes, when people are posting several together its easier to tell. The Busse custom shop logo has more space on some knives then others.

I would guess it would be hard to have them exactly the same if they are all ground by hand.
One of the things that make them more interesting than mass produced blades.

It's funny, because someone just mentioned this to me last night, so I looked at my three, and they are all different.

That just confirms that our beloved knives are made by human hands in Ohio and not by a computer fed assembly line in Taiwan or China.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i only have one right now in my possession, but my second is on its way to me as we speak.......

i can't make a comparison right now, but i would say that i like the one at the top the best.....#197 it think it is......

i think the lowest ground one just looks a little bit better.....somehow, it looks stouter than the rest...

Back