Handle material?

rockgolfer

Gold Member
What's up Swampers, happy Friday!

I got a new Waki in the mail yesterday and love this thing(first sword). Curious if anyone can tell me the handle material on this guy? It doesnt feel like canvas so I am guessing black paper micarta. Any help is greatly appreciated!

8IoPjx7.jpg

Of course, it's a user now :D
rDZsxcB.jpg

Looks like the old (and desirable) black linen micarta. G-10 doesn't have the fibers showing like that, and you can see the layers on the end of the handle.

I just want to know because I want to find more :)

It feels so good in hand. All the guys at work want one. They all want to go camping and try out my Busse collection. Spreading the disease :D

I would guess G10 but not sure.
Paper has no fibres it is very fine layers that are barley visible
h3sGmFP.jpg

roB6fvY.jpg

HCyuDAl.jpg

I'm saying it is black G10. I have black paper on a couple of Ratmandeauxs (Ratmandeaus?). Anyway, no fibers at all, that I can see without a magnifying glass. I can see fibers in black G10. And I think that is TOO black to be black micarta. Even the newer stuff.

I'm saying it is black G10. I have black paper on a couple of Ratmandeauxs (Ratmandeaus?). Anyway, no fibers at all, that I can see without a magnifying glass. I can see fibers in black G10. And I think that is TOO black to be black micarta. Even the newer stuff.

I just got a HOGFSH with orange G10 and it feels the same. Mystery solved :)

I’d say G10 as well.
The simple way to check is get some water on it, G10 doesn’t absorb any, micarta, even paper, gets darker when wet

Back