1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Handle Removal on Schrade 153UH

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Dillon C, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Dillon C

Dillon C

Sep 14, 2018
    Im new to knife restoration and was planning on restoring a Schrade 153UH that was given to me by my now deceased great grandfather but ive run into an issue right off the bat. I plan to remove the handle and restore the knife from the ground up but cant figure out how to remove the antler handle. Any help would be greatly appreciated and ill provide pictures below.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sNAbAER
    [​IMG]

2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2000
    I have never disassembled one of those. It appears the handle is either wedged in place or moulded onto the tang.
    The handle is plastic, not antler.
    My recommendation is to not learn knife restoration on a knife that is important to you, because you WILL mess something up. Properly restoring knives takes years to learn.
    I would put it back together and treasure it as something from your great grandfather.

Ace Rimmer likes this.