HANUNAN!!!!!

The Hanuman looks great! I just received my first HI khukuri (15" Ang Khola) and I'm already thinking about my next purchase…I'd kind of like to get a piece with some decorative/collectable value (if only for myself), but I don't want to sacrifice functionality of the knife for cosmetic concerns. I just can't bring myself to buy an implement that's not capable of usage. I've been looking at the 18th Century style khukuri as well as the Hanuman Special and I was wondering if these products were crafted to the same quality standards as the Ang Khola. I realize that they may not be as "beefy" as the AK, but are these pieces still capable of being used as working knives if necessary? Any other thoughts about the relative merits of HI's "fancier" offerings? Just curious…

May have to just go with the 20" AK…pure functionality and power have their own special kind of beauty…

Jim

You know, Will, that's an interesting question. I don't think it takes a shaman to do the job but the kamis did balk at the idea of a Lion's head, feeling it was too far outside the culture.

All the khukuris we make are built for use but the Hanuman has no buttcap and I think that after some years of heavy use the handle may work loose. It's an easy fix with a little epoxy but the handles with buttcap and keeper should last longer.

We need some customer input for Jim. Help.

Bill

Coabalt, can't recall if I told you or not but you will find one empty spot in the back of scabbard along with the six little tools. This is for a pencil.

When we are not under the gun the kamis will place a small no. 2 pencil in that slot, pencil is made in China not by HI.

Bill

Oh, so this khukuri is not only for the taylor and the carpenter, but it's also for the waiter to take an order, huh. This is one khukuri that wears many hats.

Gosh Bill, between you and COBALT I think you've monkeyed around enough. Hats on gods, that will make them go ape! Pinch a chimp 'n zee what happens? Careful boys...

------------------
JP

John, you have insulted Hanuman(THUNDER CLAP) for the last time. He will shrink all those khukuris on your wall so that they can all fit in the palm of your hand- at the same time. But he will leave the scabbards full size.

That's right, John. How will you like a wall full of kardas jangling around in those scabbards?

Bill

Back