Happy new Spyderco owner!

Frankki

Gold Member
Lovely day, this is.

I finally got what I've been wanting for a long time, a full size Manix! It's the Foliage Green version, and it sure is nice. Really, totally cool. My first Spyderco knife, I have handled some Enduras and Delicas but those weren't my really cup of tea at the time. This is way better.

Nice, big size and a good feel in the hand. Definitely not too heavy, feels very businesslike and the heft is just, shall we say, reassuring. Initial blade testing has been fun, good to see such a fine factory edge. Field testing will begin, no doubt, soon!

As I'm going camping this weekend, my new Manix is going to accompany me to get it's first outdoor time. So yes, I am going to be the proverbial happy camper come Saturday! :)

Congrats. My first plain edge Manix was also the Foliage Green version. It should serve you well. :thumbup:

i had the mini and loved it. after edc'ing that big momma for 3 months my right quad is 3" larger than my left though! make sure you throw a bright lanyard on that sucker before heading to the woods, itd be a shame to lose it. enjoy it- CB

Yeah, I should start looking for some orange paracord or somesuch and learn how to make a decent lanyard of it.

Will be great to see how the S30V blade behaves, it's my first go at this type of modern stainless steel. A few years ago I wouldn't have gone near anything stainless (old, bad experiences) but these days I'm more and more convinced that I've been too strict in that respect.

Congrats. Still haven't pulled the trigger on a Manix though. Don't know why, just others I want more I guess. Anyway, congrats. :)

Aww, I want one :eek:

Great find. I knew I should have bought one when I had the chance.

Congrats on your new knife, Frankki! That is a great introduction to Spyderco and to be sure, it won't be your last. Enjoy.

Great! Manix has been my EDC for 2 years. Best folder I have ever carried from Striders to sodbusters! All buisness and performance.

Back