Happy Thankgiving WSS!

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by j williams, Nov 26, 2009.

1. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Have a great day guys....

Im out the door for 24 on the ambulance today, so no Turkey for me. :grumpy: I seem to always work the holidays. Eh....at least im off Christmas this year for the first time in 5 years, :thumbup:

Anyways, enjoy the company, the beer, and the feasting. Be thankfull for what you have, and never forget how you got it.

Blessings to all of you guys!

2. EmsRescueGuy

EmsRescueGuy

Oct 21, 2006
    Happy Thanksgiving

Im here in the ER till 7am and Ill probably Do 8 or 12 hours on a bls truck myself today if no one else can do it, its good to know I wont suffer alone.

3. Dave Costin

Dave Costin

Oct 14, 2000
    Happy Thanksgiving! I feel for you guys. I'm a retired leo and remember the days, lol. At least we didn't do 24...only the 8.

4. oldman/Marty

oldman/Marty

Apr 23, 2006
    A most Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
    Marty Simon

5. batosai117

batosai117 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Happy Turkey Day :D

I can't wait to eat, I should call my parents to see if my mom has started up the roaster yet :D (she'd probably kill me if I called this early on a holiday :eek:)

6. k_estela

k_estela Co-Moderator, Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum Moderator

Feb 23, 2001
    Happy Thanksgiving all of you guys. You're a great bunch and I wish you all the best.

7. coaldigger

coaldigger

Jan 27, 2007
    Happy ThanksGiving everyone ! JWilliams...I'll eat enough for the both of us :D

8. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    No matter where you are, there is still much to be thankful for.

Leftovers are better anyways.

Turkey, Stuffing, and CB sauce on toast, oh my.

9. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jake, sorry you have to spend the holliday at work away from the family.

Thanksgiving left overs are almost as good, sometimes even better :)

10. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks guys..... No worries, its all part of the game. At least im in country.

I sincerely hope all those in combat areas have a safe day.

This is a great place, and im thankful for the knowlage and friends Ive gotten here.

11. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving fellas !

12. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to all.

13. the lone gunman

the lone gunman

May 29, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving and Best Wishes to all of you.

14. never too sharp

never too sharp

Mar 7, 2007
    Happy thanksgiving to all of you, also. And thanks to all you folks who work on these holidays to keep the ship running.

15. mneedham

mneedham

Jul 8, 2006
    Happy Thanksgiving!

16. dawsonbob

dawsonbob

Feb 18, 2009
    I'd like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

To all of you who have to work today insuring our safety even on a holiday, I give thanks. Be comforted in knowing I'll remember you, and Ill eat an extra portion for you.

To everyone serving in our military to keep our country safe, I give thanks. Some of you will be having a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, while others will be in some Godforsaken place manning the bastions and eating cold rations. Been there, so I can appreciate what you're doing. Thanks.

To everyone here on the forums, I give thanks for all that you've given me in the past year: you guys are great, and I learn a lot from you, as well as enjoying the camaraderie. Thanks, guys.

To all my friends in the real world, thanks for being my friends.

It's starting to get light outside now, so I'm off to start cooking. I don't have any family other than a bunch of old Marine grunts who'll be here for food and football, and giving thanks for, well, everything.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  17. C_Kyle

C_Kyle

Feb 7, 2005
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

18. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I know one thing I'd like to give thanks for--All I've learned from the great folks on this forum, and the sense of community we've been able to create! Thanks all!

19. Tuxdad

Tuxdad

Feb 15, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your families !!;)

20. LupaWolf

LupaWolf

Mar 24, 2008
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

and thank you to all of you working emergency services, hospitals, and protecting our country today.