Hapstone V6 - new knife sharpener on the US market

NEW KNIFE SHARPENER DELIVERS 11°-44° SHARPENING ANGLE RANGE, ULTIMATE PRECISION AND NO-TOOL ASSEMBLY FOR BEST SHARPENING EXPERIENCE

blog-hapstone.jpg

HAPSTONE V6 - 6th generation of successful V-series. V6 is the ultimate knife sharpener with ability to use thousands of sharpening stones. The new V6 delivers breath-taking features while pushing the boundaries for knife sharpening enthusiasts who demand the best.

Highlights

• The V6 is the first knife sharpener on the market capable to set any sharpening angle in a range from 11 to 44 degree.
• Three Point Guide for a high-precision knife positioning. The knife rests on two contact points and after flipping it will have exactly the same position, so the sharpening angle stays correct and consistent.
• No-tool assembly for fast deployment and mobility.
• Lightweight horizontal shaft for better pressure control during the sharpening process.
• Angle Gauge Holder is a base that allows to install the digital angle gauge (inclinometer) on the horizontal shaft.
• Narrow stone holder for comfortable side look when using narrow sharpening stones.
• Parking device for horizontal shaft.
• Modified T-leg design for maximum stability.
• Rigid shaft couplings to avoid accident part movements during the sharpening process.
• Metal pivot unit with PTFE insert provides smooth shaft movement and requires no lubrication or cleaning.
• Anodized metal part coating for extra protection.

V6 inherits all features of Hapstone Pro V5 delivering even more capabilities at affordable price point.

• All basic parts made of metal. Hapstone knife sharpener is built to last forever.
• Universal stone holder suitable for the installation of sharpening stones up to 20 cm.
• Full compatibility with Edge Pro stones mounted on blanks with 45 degree bevel.
• Thickness compensator allowing for sharpening stones of different thicknesses to be used while maintaining the chosen angle.
• Rubber covered blade table to protect your knives from scratches.
• Strong neodymium magnet to facilitate knife fastening and the sharpening process.
• Rubber coated supporting legs that can be used on any surface.
• Spring for quick changes to the sharpening stone.
• Stopper rings to limit the movement of the horizontal shaft.
• Wooden handle to make time-consuming work a little easier.

These specifications enable Hapstone to deliver an industry leading high-precision knife sharpener to the market. V6 is designed specifically for sharpening enthusiasts looking for the best experience without breaking the bank!

Bundles
V6 Standard Edition will be available in 4 bundles:

- Basic - 3 Hapstone silicon carbide stones
- Silicon Carbide - 5 Gritomatic silicon carbide stones
- Aluminum Oxide - 5 Gritomatic aluminum oxide stones
- Diamond – 3 dual-side Venev diamonds (6 grits total)

Deluxe Edition

Deluxe kit includes high-quality sharpening stone set of your choice and sharpening accessories for polishing and stropping. Hapstone Deluxe sharpener is made in blue and packed to handmade wooden box.

Optional accessories will be available for Hapstone V6:
- Rotating clamp system
- Classic Clamp/guide

Stones
Hapstone V6 is a multi-format knife sharpener: any rectangular stones from 4" to 8" long (including KME, DMT, Spyderco and Edge Pro format stones) can be used.
Gritomatic.com offers a wide selection of sharpening stones in Edge Pro format (about 200 products) which was chosen due to versatility and low weight. We have aluminum oxide and silicon carbide from the USA, Japan, Russia, bonded diamonds, CBN, alumina, natural stones, lapping films up to 0.3 um.

stones.jpg

Gritomatic
Gritomatic is a partner of Hapstone Company (manufacturer) for sales channel development and marketing in the USA. We start selling our products through dealer network in the USA. Gritomatic.com is also the place where customer can buy online. The product is available on Amazon as well.

Warranty
Hapstone provides 5 year warranty on Hapstone V6 knife sharpeners. You can be sure in the reliability of the devices and supporting from manufacturer for the entire period of use.
Gritomatic offers satisfaction guarantee for Hapstone V6 - the right to return the sharpener within 15 days from the date your order was delivered.

History of Hapstone
First version of Hapstone was invented in 2012 and was sold on high-competitive eastern European market. Hapstone has to compete with leading U.S. manufacturers as well as many local manufacturers. Current version is 6th generation of Hapstone.
In 2016 Hapstone is establishing the sales channel, with Gritomatic LLC as representative in the U.S.A.

Reviews of Hapstone Pro V5 (previous generation)

CUTLERYLOVER

KNIFEKRAZY

MORE THAN JUST SURVIVING
"The fit and finish on the Hapstone Pro is really quite something. It’s reassuringly heavy, and using this tool is very pleasing. Nothing worse than roughly machined knobs on a precision instrument, but thankfully Hapstone paid attention to all details. I would say it’s almost like a piece of industrial modern art. In the future I may store it on a shelf, and I can expect visitors to be inquisitive as to what this contraption is. I know the way it looks is secondary (by a huge margin) to its performance, but I really do appreciate the construction and materials used."
http://morethanjustsurviving.com/hapstone-pro-manual-knife-sharpener-review/

HARLEYWOOD23
"The Wicked Edge was the first system I designated as a "WorkSharp Killer". Many folks couldn't stomach the cost though. I get it. $750 is a lot of money. Problem solved. This has many of the benefits of the Wicked Edge, for a fraction of the cost. You'll want to see this."

Contacts
I'm ready to answer your questions.
Please send your inquiries and questions to me by pm or email km@gritomatic.com

Last edited:
Looks like a direct rip off of both models of the EdgePro..
In short, we may say the Hapstone took all the problems of competitors, fixed them and made it better. Hapstone utilizes ideas of Edge Pro in the same way as Mustang utilizes ideas of Ford Focus.

Ford can do that because they own both models but I believe your comparison is flawed at best.. What problems from the Edgepro does this copy fix? Also, your vertical post seems to be less stable than the Edgepro's..

And the most telling line from your reviewer was this: "If you have seen the Edge Pro system, you know the game here."

Last edited:
I am happy to answer your questions.

Here are main features of Hapstone Pro in comparison with Edge Pro:
• Any sharpening angle from 0 to 36 degrees. Edge Pro: 6-33 degrees
• Universal stone holder with spring is suitable for the installation of sharpening stones of any format from 4’’ to 8’’ length and quick change of stones. Edge Pro: proprietary stones only
• Strong neodymium magnet facilitates knife fastening. No need to hold the knife. Edge Pro: you have to hold the knife all the time
• Dual-purpose guide can be used as support or clamp (detachable). Edge Pro: guide only
• The sharpener has rubber coated supporting legs and can be used on any surface. Edge Pro: glossy surface only
• All basic parts are made of stainless steel. Edge Pro: plastic
• Adjustable stoppers for protection; Edge Pro: none
• Compensator for using stones of different thickness. Edge Pro: none

Looks like a direct rip off of both models of the EdgePro..

Yep, and add to that the Tech Studio (Also made in Russia) in some ways also..... I have both of those systems.... ;)

None of my business though however....

One thing good is they have the Grinderman Stones, they are excellent. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have both (original apex and the hapstone).Don't want to promote products, but I like hapstone better. There are two things I really like:
1. Quality ( everything made of metal, it's not going to brake on you).
2. Universal stone holder. ( really smart , I can use almost any stone and don't need aluminium blanks)
Also you get thickness compensator included in the kit. No need to pay extra. Also they make adapter for angle cube- really cool.
Basically Hapstone is EP on steroids. If you would trys Hapstone I don't think you would ever look at EP.
The only thing I don't like is that the metal rod is not stainless.

Looks like a bench press.
I don't want my knives to be more muscular than they already are!

I love my KME, but I'm always open to options.

Decided to order one yesterday. Should be here soon. Was a toss up between this or the edge pro. But overall I think the hapstone offered a couple options I liked better, magnet and versatile stone use. So I guess we'll see. Will check in later with more thoughts.

looking at the other products hear in the usa.this one seems over built!and so from 2012 to now this is already the 5th version of this model!it looks like it would work vary well sharpening both large and small knifes with total control,time will tell if this turns out to be a winner.

Having used the EP, the Hapstone's 3 point knife guide is the big selling point for me, but it's only available as an accessory and has been sold out for a long time.

The website suggests they can be sent from the Russian warehouse with a long delay - has anyone here successfully ordered the 3-point guide?

It's a shame because otherwise I would have bought the system by now - but I don't want to order the system and then find I can't get the guide.

Last edited:
Having used the EP, the Hapstone's 3 point knife guide is the big selling point for me, but it's only available as an accessory and has been sold out for a long time.

The website suggests they can be sent from the Russian warehouse with a long delay - has anyone here successfully ordered the 3-point guide?

It's a shame because otherwise I would have bought the system by now - but I don't want to order the system and then find I can't get the guide.

I apology that 3 point guides are out of stock in US warehouse. It will return in stock in January. Until that time we can supply 3 point guide from Russian warehouse.

New arrivals in gritomatic.com:

Edge Pro format stones
Boride Stones (different series)
Boride Narrow Stone (T2 and CS-HD series)
Shapton Pro Stones
Shapton Pro Narrow Stone
Shapton Glass Stone
Boron Carbide Ceramic Stone (medium)
Spyderco Ceramic Stone (medium and fine)
Baikalite Stone (natural from Russia)
Sungari Stone (natural from China)
Arkansas Serrated Stone (triangle shaped - hard, black, translucent)

All stones except Boride are lapped.

Accessories
Leather Strop Aluminum Paddle
Bodrid Dressing Stone (for refreshing and cleaning stones in range 400-1000 grit)
Ultra Fine Ceramic Honing Rod (Idahone)
Thickness Compensator

Shouldn't OP be a dues paying member of the forum to be pitching products with direct links etc?

Shouldn't OP be a dues paying member of the forum to be pitching products with direct links etc?

Was just going to say...I mean, it's possible that he bought a membership and hasn't switched his displayed status, but...

Gritomatic

Please change your usergroup to show you have a paid membership. To do this Click on Settings (top right) -> Permissions Group

Back