Hard use of my KE Bushie

Bmurray

Gold Member
This series of test were done only to satisfy myself of the capability of one of Andy & Kevin's designs, so I can assure myself the KE Bushie can hold up to about anything I throw at it.

These were extreme and i know most people would never try to push their knives this hard, especially thin 3/32" blades. Also the frigid outside temp (55°) added to the mystery of "would it hold up" or would it fail"?

*DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*

Meet the test dummy.
Fiddleback Forge KE Bushie
3/32" A2
Rosewood burl
Orange pinestrips
Natural liners

1) Abrasive cutting test

2) stab/puncture tip test

3) precise pushcut test

4) the hardest of all was the super space-age material slice test. This was going to be the make or break torture test.

5) Final results show no edge damage to the KEB.

This tells me that the A2, heat treat, design and execution of this beaitiful heirloom, 3/32" beauty can handle about anything you can throw at it. Hope you enjoyed.

Be careful using your Fiddlebacks out there. You don't need all 10 digits, but it sure comes in handy. Lol

Last edited:
That is a very manly KEB Bob. Did you learn these advanced testing skills at Hiawassee? :D I knew there was more to that class than was previously revealed. :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Phil

Lol, that is a cool report out on the bushie.

Was contemplating one for myself. Now that I know it will even handle the space age stuff (just in case this planet X does show up) I will be looking to come across one for my collection.

That is a very manly KEB Bob. Did you learn these advanced testing skills at Hiawassee? :D I knew there was more to that class than was previously revealed. :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Phil
Yea Phil, I owe all of these advanced techniques to @k_estela

Last edited:
Back