Hartsook S30V

Since it is hunting season, how many of you have experience with the Hartsook S30V? What do you think of it?

I have one that I keep on my fly fishing vest and use it for cutting line and gutting small trout. Great little knife and gets really sharp but keep in mind that it's tiny; about the size of the 305 pen knife.

I have one on my fishing vest as well. The lanyard acts as a handle to some degree which adds some stability in use. It's handy to have when you forget your knife.

Buck%2BHarsook_zpsadaiapqm.jpeg

Has this knife been discontinued? I do not see it listed anywhere for sale.

They might be at times, I own one but it's an odd knife. Probably the best neck knife due to it weighs almost nothing. Reminds me of part of a hack saw blade. Cool sheath for it that won't accidentally lose the knife.

standard.jpg

Bottom one looked good, carried well, but hard to get back into sheath without stabbing or cutting something.I Googled and there are several Buck dealers with active spots for production models.

Last edited:
standard.jpg

Bottom one looked good, carried well, but hard to get back into sheath without stabbing or cutting something.I Googled and there are several Buck dealers with active spots for production models.
Wow, 300! Where did you get those scales for that knife? Did you make them? That really makes that little knife look like something to be proud of.

Thanks, D-Rig and Makael. I guess my normal stores are just out of stock at the moment.

Do any of you actually use the knife for its intended purpose?

How does it carry when on the neck?

I use the knife but not around the neck. I use it as a easy chair/TV watching/mail opening utility knife. It hangs from the lamp built into my end table. My sister bought it for me and one for herself. She uses hers around her neck to snip samples and trim things on the job. She's a QC inspector at a helmet chin strap factory staffed by the visually impaired...that means more than one type of dog in the plant :)

Back