Has anybody used the Edge Pro Sharpening System?

Please give any reveiws or opinions you may have on the edgepro sharpening system.

Thanks

------------------
" Hand, Stick, Knife, Gun " Use what you have.

I did, last time was last night
smile.gif

IMHO that's a terrific thing, however I never use it on my Busse blades of which I have a few.
Ceramics only + flitzed leather. basically this is bacause of the edge grind.

For most of the knives, especially if I need to rebevel the blade (& I do need it for most of the factory knives) there's no substitute for Edge Pro
smile.gif
And if I need mirror polished edge again, edge pro is the fastest and easiest... For large blades DMT is just fine. In general I dont' want mirror polish edges there...

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

[This message has been edited by Gator97 (edited 02-12-2001).]

The Edge Pro system is excellent. I highly recommend it. Do a search in the general forum and you will find numerous posts singing its praises (mine included
wink.gif
).

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Funny you should ask, I just sharpened my 7" Busse with it Saturday. It worked great, much better and faster than my Lansky. The knife is a LOT sharper than it was from the factory. Control is excellent.

I've got one and i use it more for profiling a blade.
i've done a badger and a lean mean street to a thinner bevel.
know matter what sharpener you use it takes practice to be go with it.
i also use a sharpmaker and dmt diamond stones.

gary

It is an excellent system for almost everything you will need to sharpen except your wits.
smile.gif
Talk to me and I will teach you how to use it for that also.!!!!! Stay away from those Busses with it dog.
Mark

------------------
A Patriot's Work Is Never Done--greetings from The Occupied South

Has anyone used the Edgepro Apex system for a Busse #7 or steel heart blade? Is there a beter system for this blade? Thanks.

I've used my EdgePros(Apex and Pro) for all my knives, Busses included. I find they are the best sharpeners I have ever encountered.

Now the enevitable question, "What about the convex edge?" I grind the sucker off!
wink.gif

I love my Edgepro. I haven't used it on a Busse, I hear that a leather strop works perfectly on a convex edge.

Without the Edgepro, I can dull ANY Busse....

Back