Has anyone received/used their trough raiders?

I know there a pretty new offering. I'mjust curious people's opinions if they have them in hand yet. I'm really interested in getting one myself. (Thinking the silver blade and maroon my car to combo) This would be my first busse so I would like to hear feedback before putting that kind of cash down. Are there any other models with the corrugated bevel technology? if so how people like them? Seems pretty interesting to me.
Thanks for the help,
Bryce.

I know there a pretty new offering. I'mjust curious people's opinions if they have them in hand yet. I'm really interested in getting one myself. (Thinking the silver blade and maroon my car to combo) This would be my first busse so I would like to hear feedback before putting that kind of cash down. Are there any other models with the corrugated bevel technology? if so how people like them? Seems pretty interesting to me.
Thanks for the help,
Bryce.
They won't start shipping for a few weeks and you will have to buy one on the secondary market if you want to wait for reviews.

I know there a pretty new offering. I'mjust curious people's opinions if they have them in hand yet. I'm really interested in getting one myself. (Thinking the silver blade and maroon my car to combo) This would be my first busse so I would like to hear feedback before putting that kind of cash down.
I'm also new to Busse and just started buying them a year or so ago. Unfortunately, they are a very high demand, low supply knife maker. You don't really have an opportunity to wait for reviews or people to receive them. If you don't buy them the day they are posted, your only chance is on the secondary market.

and probably pay a mark up on original price .alot of money for a first busse i couldnt justify it because i wont pay that much in tax here in ireland they get enough of my money as it is otherwise id be on it like white on rice

They won't start shipping for a few weeks and you will have to buy one on the secondary market if you want to wait for reviews.
So my best shot at it is buying it now? I've looked at a lot of the busse models throughout the years and this one is what appeals to me the most.

Last edited:
I'm also a Busse newbie.
I have yet to see a Busse lose original value of brand new.
Some used ones actually command higher prices.

Certain models are just that popular and in high demand and low supply
I feel the Trough Raider is going to be such

Welcome Bryce Afflitto If your going to spend that amount of money on a knife a Busse is the one to get. As others have stated they are hard to acquire and highly sought after and if for some strange reason you don't like it you can sell it on the exchange in a day or two :cool::thumbsup:. Well worth the money for a knife that can last you a lifetime IMHO. Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone and get out their and honor ower warriors that didn't make it Home.
yiNWXif.jpg

Thanks very much guys. I think I'm going to definitely pull the trigger. I agree with all of you as I've been on the forums for quite some time and agree that Bussee never loses value. they're warranty is also awesome and I really doubt I'm going to damage a knife that's a third of an inch stock and INFI.

Thanks very much guys. I think I'm going to definitely pull the trigger. I agree with all of you as I've been on the forums for quite some time and agree that Bussee never loses value. they're warranty is also awesome and I really doubt I'm going to damage a knife that's a third of an inch stock and INFI.
Congratulations on your new knife, and welcome to BladeForums!

I would not say Busse knives "never" lose value, but it is usually true (assuming you buy at factory price, as you did here). Demand for a given Busse model has a lot to do with the price it commands in the exchange (and that is impossible to predict). Rarity might help a knife keep its value, but not always (like the red-handled Busse SOW for example). The state of the economy also influences how quick and at what price a knife will sell for.

No better time to jump in, the trough doesnt get much more loaded than this.

Congratulations on your new knife, and welcome to BladeForums!

I would not say Busse knives "never" lose value, but it is usually true (assuming you buy at factory price, as you did here). Demand for a given Busse model has a lot to do with the price it commands in the exchange (and that is impossible to predict). Rarity might help a knife keep its value, but not always (like the red-handled Busse SOW for example). The state of the economy also influences how quick and at what price a knife will sell for.
Very true, exactly what I was thinking from my few years of having Busse knives

I feel you on the numbers- I was there and I'm still there but the endpoint has been adjusted - or should I say increased significantly. It's "Acclimation to the Bacon" ~ and it's not cheap, but it does retain a significant percentage of your original outlay- I don't know of many hobbies or interests that can match the numbers of this one on the economics.
I set a goal in my mind when I was new "I want 1 or 2 and I'm not spending more that $300 for each" ..... as a good business friend of mine once said to me "That's the cool thing about goals, we can change them anytime we want" .... Lets label him as an "enabler" .... like everyone here, enablers, every one of them LOL! ~ but wonderful people. I would say most of my stash if I sold it, I'd take a small hit on, but that's today. In the future? who knows~ Regardless, it's cash in the bank should the need arise.
Keep in mind that time plays a role- look at the valuation in the market of the classics, respectable increases, especially the TGLB's because of TWD - I only have a couple that were not released in the last 2 years I've been here so there's plenty of market saturation of those models. But when I got here, there was nothing to order- no OP2W was going on until "Part 2" was initiated, and it's still going on so that's the big reason I've been buying because for a long time, there was nothing to order~ when that comes to an end if it does? only 1 guy knows the answer and he's not telling HAHA!

Back