Has anyone used the beast yet?

Has anyone used their Dingo yet? All I've done is hold and admire mine. I've got to get to the woods soon and cut something.

Sadly no.............#21 is still pristine. I need to get out more!

Cerberus

Yep. Made a few wood curls (does a good job with that), stripped the bark off some downed limbs, batoned a small log (worked well -- just used another limb as the striker). Mind you, I was careful to strike it in the right place, on the spine between the end of the handle and the beginning of the swedge to embed it in the log. Then it took just a few additional strikes to split the log -- just enough wedge to the blade, I'd guess.

Cut fruits very well. Noticed no discoloration of the blade.

Got a bit crazy and threw it a few times (I've been talking with Cobalt too much). :eek: It doesn't have enough weight forward to throw well, at least not for a low-skilled person like myself. Also, it's really too hard (in terms of Rc) to use for this purpose. However, I got a few satisfying point-first strikes ... and I didn't damage the point. :D

Although it's a trifle heavy, I think it will be an excellent camp or woods knife. I'd show you a pic, but it cleaned up perfectly.

The Dingo is an excellent design. I'm keeping mine.

Used mine to hack down and split some bamboo for a barbecue. Did an unbelievable job for a shorter blade (I usually use a machete or a Woodsman's Pal).

It is a little heavier than I'm used to in that size range, but it's like a tank. I'll definitely be keeping mine, too.

Finally manned up and batonned a couple of seasoned oak fire logs. I didn't hold back; I wailed on the blade from the tip to the ridge things with no ill effects other that to the wood and baton. The edge was totally unaffected and shaving sharp. I did manage to knock the forward slab screw loose and it fell off. I will be looking into some loctite and save the batonning jobs for a longer blade. It's such a fine blade I didn't want to use it but now am glad I did! Sorry no pics, though. Will do in the future now that I am not afraid to use it.:thumbup:

This knife is built like a beast and should definitely be a user but I can't bring myself to actually cut or hack anything with it......it is just too darn pretty to mess up. What is wrong with me? It's only a slab of steel, right?

briz,

hack away with it, baton, chop, etc... it wont let you down and makes it look better.

This is a very very sad thread. Men with what appears to be a top of the line knife that a great deal of effort blood sweat and tears went into to create and make available. That no one want to use. Shame, just plain sad

I only buy users,

The only non user i have is a custom by my own uncle. It is African stag handled hunter. I bought from my uncle to use hunting and camping. But he died young, and there won't be any more made by him, so It is a total safe queen. I am just too afraid to use it, that I will loose it while hunting etc, or damage it. I want to pass it on to my own son. Maybe put it in a display case later on.

Back