has cold steel gone crazy

cs new ad says they make the best hawks money can buy???? add to that what they have been doing to atc.Has lynn thompson gone crazy,why do we still buy from them........

Are you sure they don't say the best hawk for the price? I can understand it if they said that.

Cold Steel has a babit of making very strong claims and not supporting them. I stopped taking anything they say seriously quite some time ago. There is nothing wrong with promoting your product, however you should do so in a very clear manner, and back up what you say, which means a solid warrenty which covers the performance you are promoting.

-Cliff

cliff you right our econmey is baised on promition but cold steel
goes way past that.just look what they have done to atc.
I guess it is easier to ride atc shirt tailes.that way lynn can keep o
n hunting endangered animles......... and I love to hunt......

just something to think about. ROSS

Lynn is a salesman. I love CS's Carbon V blades but I know that if price were not a factor - there's better stuff out there. I believe they are the best knives for the price, but the better than anything claims are just marketing and hype. It's almost a shame - they really don't need the hype. If they keep just making good blades like they've been doing, they'll do fine.

Now as to:
"that way lynn can keep on hunting endangered animles......... and I love to hunt....."

Ross,
I know what you're feeling. But in all fairness we've got to remember that Lynn's 7 the hard way hunt came at a price that I am sure easily approached, if not eclipsed, $100,000 in trophy fees (not including other travel expenses. Doesn't it suck when other guys can afford that much to go hunting? :barf: Anyway, where does all of that $100,000 go? It goes to game management that enusres these endangered animals are there for future generations to hunt. Controlled (expensive) hunting is what has saved much of Africa's big game and is an insurance policy that people will work hard to preserve these animals for the future.

Tim

There is probably a market for low priced tomahawks. I know there's no way I'd spend the kind of money that ATC and the Montana fellow are asking for a war axe. I don't condone CS's use of the ATC name, nor do I think that Cold Steel can live up to these claims. I'm simply pointing out that if I was in the market for a tomahawk I'd be looking to spend less than fifty bucks. I'd also pick up a spare handle and not worry about "lifetime" warranties and all that. I mean, were talking about a tomahawk here folks.

Cheers. :)

There are better choices than CS in the <$50 range. With H&B Forge, for example, you get a hand-forged hawk made by an American craftsman. With CS, you get a mass produced imported piece sold by a huckster with dubious integrity.

Back