Has the 500 series knives ever been offered with brass bolsters?

Has the 500 series knives ever been offered with brass bolsters? Through the Custom shop perhaps? Would love a 501 with brass. The 112 is just a bit too bulky for pocket carry but looks so beautiful with the brass and wood...

Not sure on the 501 in brass, but how about the 55 which would be less bulky than a 112?

Photo borrowed from the internet.

5d457e33f5318c3bfd965f9467116f88--buck-knives-knifes.jpg

80's custom shop yes not sure about after. "Mr 500" JB will probably know.

Thanks Skyler,

This is a great question. However, I have no Idea. I have never seen one myself. I wish I was "MR 500" then my pile would be focused. Truth be told I like them all, all Buck knives. There is one BCCI member who is "MR 500" and displays his world class 500 collection at the knife shows. He would know the answer and if they were made I'm sure he has them, as I have never been to a knife show yet I can't even tell you his name. One of the other folks here may know who I'm talking about or the answer to your question.

JB, Mr. Jimmie has passed away. He always displayed his very large 500 display at the Blade Show, BCCI area. The big C has attacked the BCCI world as it has many families. I believe there was info in one of the BCCI newsletters. 300Bucks

Unrelated but there was a limited issue of the 700 series slippies in brass.

"I have four dogs. Two love only me. One loves everybody. One loves no one, but still is very loyal and follows me everywhere I go on the farm." Edward Jones 1925-1990

• I have a wife who loves me in spite of my faults.
  • I have four dogs. Two love only me. One loves everybody. One loves no one, but still is very loyal and follows me everywhere I go on the farm.
  • I have a horse I love to ride around the farm, and best of all she comes to me when I call her.

He was rich in the important ways.

Yeah, I guess having a butt load of money ain't so important.

Last edited:
In one of my early trips to the Blade show (2009?) I spent several hours looking at his display of 500's since they were right next door to my 112's. What really impressed me was how compleat it was, including all the rare stone inlayed LE's . So if there was a brass framed 500 he would have it. .

In one of my early trips to the Blade show (2009?) I spent several hours looking at his display of 500's since they were right next door to my 112's. What really impressed me was how compleat it was, including all the rare stone inlayed LE's . So if there was a brass framed 500 he would have it. .

Sad to know Jimmie MR. 500 has passed. Your right Clint, if it was made he would of had one.

Here is the photos of the DM set
500 set.jpg
JB

Not sure on the 501 in brass, but how about the 55 which would be less bulky than a 112?

Photo borrowed from the internet.

I have the 55, just that extra 1/2" or so of handle on the 501 gives me twice as good a grip. The 55 for me is what i would call a "3 finger knife". I do like it though, that little bit of extra compactness makes it perfect for dress pants. But 355 days a year or so i wear jeans

Reactions: TAH
Back