HATAN - dark fighter with "lightning strike" tanto/harpoon hybrid blade-Petr Melicharek

Petr Melicharek

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi everyone !

Just finished this knife .. Not so sure how to call it .. maybe tanto/harpoon hybrid fighter ?
1f603.png
Im not so good in this knife terminology , sorry :D :D :D Was a custom order .. See you with more knives soon
1f642.png
bb Petr
1f596.png
1f52a.png
1f525.png

HATAN

Blade - Laminated steel -5 layeres - 1,2842 (O2) + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15n20)
Guard - 1,2842 (O2) steel + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15n20)
Handle - Ebony
Average length - 30,2 cm (approx- 11,9 inches) , blade -16,2 cm (approx- 6,4 inches).
Blade width at widest point 45 mm (approx 1,77 inch ) mm , blade thickness 5,5 mm (0,217 inches).

A-HATAN-1.jpg

A-HATAN-2.jpg

A-HATAN-3.jpg

A-HATAN-4.jpg

A-HATAN-5.jpg

A-HATAN-6.jpg

A-HATAN-7.jpg

A-HATAN-8.jpg

A-HATAN-9.jpg

A-HATAN-10.jpg

A-HATAN-11.jpg

A-HATAN-12.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments !! :):):):thumbsup:

Always very striking knives, and I realize it's a Custom Order, but I'd have had a double-guard on my Fighter. ;)

Thank you ! So it is typical that so called fighter knife has double guard?? really .. im lost in this :D:D:D

Very impressive! All elements of this knife are in harmony with each other. And what black magic is involved in the symmetry of the 15n20 line?
)

There is no magic as far as i know , but it is true that this time it came out pretty symetrical :D it is only because of very carefull forging this time because i feared that i would have a problem with this tanto-like blade . I mean that the line could easily enter to the edge .. The blade is forged on slightly round dices, on my forging press so that is what makes symetry. The cutting edge isnt forged but grinded. So thats basicly it.. Or maybe i have some friendly fairie in my workshop that like symmetry .. who knows :D

There is no magic as far as i know , but it is true that this time it came out pretty symetrical :D it is only because of very carefull forging this time because i feared that i would have a problem with this tanto-like blade . I mean that the line could easily enter to the edge .. The blade is forged on slightly round dices, on my forging press so that is what makes symetry. The cutting edge isnt forged but grinded. So thats basicly it.. Or maybe i have some friendly fairie in my workshop that like symmetry .. who knows :D

Thanks for the answer. Now I see that it's possible without "magical" means :) , but still not easy at all.

Thank you ! So it is typical that so called fighter knife has double guard?? really .. im lost in this :D:D:D

Purely asthetics on my part, kinda separates it from the Camp Knife category in my mind..... ;)

I’ve been told a purpose-built Fighting knife doesn’t need an upper guard if it’s not double-edged...meh. :)

Purely asthetics on my part, kinda separates it from the Camp Knife category in my mind..... ;)

I’ve been told a purpose-built Fighting knife doesn’t need an upper guard if it’s not double-edged...meh. :)

Roger that :) thank you :)

Very nice. Please email me details?

Cant see yor mail anywhere :) Knife is sold anyway . If you want to plan something in this style for the future please send me a message here or on FB . Or use my email mel-ji@seznam.cz

Back