Hat's Off to BF

I just wanted to let Spark, Mike and company know how much this Forum is appreciated. I never would have aquired the knowledge I have without this forum. I learn new things every day here! The mass of papers I have stacked in my BF drawer for future reference is incredible! I could never have gotten this much knife knowledge from any other source.
And the commaraderie I get here, and see here is like no where else. It's like on Cheers where you-know-who would walk in the bar and everyone would yell "NORM!!" It's so welcoming and comfy here...
Seems everyone is diplomatic, and can agree to disagree if necessary. Everyone is afforded the same respect, no matter their opinions. Being female, I was sincerely worried about acceptance here, although I knew this was an intergral part of my job, and I would have to tough it out no matter what. But, I knew right away that wasn't going to be an issue.

I know that this Forum is hell to operate sometimes, oh heck..ALL the time, and Spark and Mike bust their butts and work LONG hours to keep us up and running here.

I want to thank all of BF and all of you, especially..for hanging out here.

Danelle

Thanks for the kind words Danelle.

A pat on the back is always welcome.

It is nice to see that what was once only a thought nearly 2 years ago, while I was on Benchmade forum, has come to mean so much to so many.

All I can say is that this place will become a much larger community very soon.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at the Blade Show.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Lady Danelle,
You Go Girl! You're alright yourself (good lookin' too).
It must have been hard for you personally to come here to do damage control after the big flair-up over Spyderco's pricing policy changes. I know, cuz I was one of those that added fule to that fire. Sorry 'bout that. But, if that's what it took to get Spyderco active in the forums....it was worth it.. Especially having you hop in. I believe that there are more women that would like to be more involved, but are, like yourself, hesitant to participate for a variety of reasons; and seeing others like you and DC, Donna, etc. may give them that little boost they need to stop lurking and come into the light.
Happy Trails,
Dan

Hey djo,

Do you actually carry a knife in your pocket every day like I do? Just curious.

JK

Back in the BBS days, there were several incredible boards in my area. Boards with dozens of nationally networked subs, gigs of files, and some with multiple lines. Oh, and this one other small, measly board from this guy with a lowly computer running a bare-bone setup with hardly any games or files.

But as the Internet fever picked up, the BBS community shrank and dwindled. Even the mighty giants of the day toppled.. all except one. That tiny, laughable board was still thriving and healthy. And why was that?

This small, insignificant board had something the others didn't have: It embodied the essence of the sit-com Cheers. There, you can relax, be yourself, say whatever you feel like, everybody there was nice, everybody knows everybody. It was great. In a classic move of David vs. Goliath, the board out-lasted all of the others by two years.

If there's one thing I've learned from that little board, it was this: The real secret to success, I think, lies in simply trying to create a relaxed, friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere where people can gather, have fun, and learn from each other. Of course, the monthly prizes doesn't hurt at all.

I fully agree with the comments noted above.

For me, one of the best things about this forum is being able to share my passion for blades with like-minded people. Knife enthusiasts are few and far between around here. Being able to share and ask for opinions and experiences is priceless, IMO.

------------------
Bill (Yes, we carry knives in Canada - we need them to fight off the polar bears and militant Eskimos ;) )

My thoughts exactly.
This is definately the place to come to learn and meet new people. I have made some good griends over the last few months and acquired some good knowledge thanks to the this forum.
Danelle, you are truly one of a kind and as I have said in earlier conversations thank you for all you do.
I hope to come for a visit and get the "grand" tour one day.
wink.gif

------------------
God bless!

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

Jedi knife~
I drive my kids crazy! I have actually turned around after leaving the house to go somehwere, cause I realized I forgot to put on a knife...
Danelle

Just two words Danelle,

Car knife!
biggrin.gif

Ian, who's off to start another thread...

[This message has been edited by Protein (edited 15 May 1999).]

Danelle,

You and the gang from Golden have also immeasurably enhanced these forums with your presence. For that we are all thankful. Your comments about the tone and temperment are a tribute to Mike and Spark, the moderators, and to all who choose to participate here.

SB had it right. I too have commented in the past that it was indeed sad to see the passing of some of the great BBS forums. FidoNET in particular had a great firearms SIG (special interest group) frequented by many major industry insiders. But they are gone. The InterNET seems plagued by flames and spam. I hate going to USENET and finding such a high percentage of crap posted by spammers. Then the flame wars as seem on the scanner newsgroups. Ugh! So when we are favored by a place like this, it must be embraced so it can be nurtered and continue to grow. I hope that the lurkers understand this and that their contributions and questions are most welcome too.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

I have to agree with Bob...this forum is significantly improved with the presence of the manufacturers. This medium allows us to actually get to know the people behind the knives and see why some of the best companies are so respected.

Although most of my close friends accept my liking knives, they don't really understand it per se. I've even had people look at me like I'm crazy taking out my knife in classes (wire stripping - I only had my Endura on me). It's nice to be able to come to a place where people understand your feelings and are capable of helping out. From the increase in the number of registered users over the last couple of days, I think that the forum is going to continue to grow pretty fast. Hopefully the tone of everyone's posts will continue as it has been.

To all the manufacturer's reps. and moderators - thanks, and keep it up!

------------------
JP Bullivant

Back