Have a happy Memorial weekend!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Remember why we have Memorial Day off and have a safe and happy time out there folks :)

Hey thanks Bill. Many do not understand that Memorial Day is to remember the fallen service men and women. Not that we don't honor current and all who served their country--but Memorial Day is specific to those who have died on the field of operations or as a result of injuries sustained in combat.

As I mention in my Memorial Day GAW (see my sig line) almost half of my boot camp graduating class were lost in Viet Nam. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about them and their sacrifice.

Mike

Hey thanks Bill. Many do not understand that Memorial Day is to remember the fallen service men and women. Not that we don't honor current and all who served their country--but Memorial Day is specific to those who have died on the field of operations or as a result of injuries sustained in combat.

As I mention in my Memorial Day GAW (see my sig line) almost half of my boot camp graduating class were lost in Viet Nam. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about them and their sacrifice.

Mike

A distinction worth remembering. We also have a Veterans Day, but the meaning of Memorial Day is specific.

Mike

We buried Capt. Lind of Charlie Co on Monday.

Back