Have you ever been arrested?

My thread about my friend getting a talking-to from a LEO and Jen's story got me to wondering if anyone here has been arrested or almost been arrested? I'm looking for amusing stories, not manslaughter or first degree murder :eek: ;)

Only once. Bouncer at one of the clubs in Leesville La. thought my wife was starting problems (she wasn't, different story) and pushed her pretty hard towards the door. I was returning from the bar and saw this, so I went over and asked "What is your problem?" He responds with "It's none of your business GI" and pushes my wife again. I told him if he does it again, it's going to end poorly. I'm 6'03'' and about 230 and this guys maybe 5'08'' and a wet 160, so no big deal right? Never noticed the other two bouncers behind me(too many beers....Stay alert, Stay alive, or so the saying goes :rolleyes: ) Things escalate, I took a pretty bad whippin' and get tossed. Outside MP's are already there and a lady comes up to me and ask's my name and unit. Seeing I'm already mad, I ask her who the heck she is and why the heck she cares.
"Because I'm the Provost Marshal, thats why" Guess who made monday morning blotter? :D

Got arrested for attemted train robbery in Queens once. :eek:

They accused me of trying to steal a train from a junkyard :confused: , wound up being dropped to trespass and then the charges were dropped.

It's a hell of a conversation starter. :rolleyes:

Been on the wrong side more than I care to remember, amaxing how having a kid can change ya. :)

Only once. Bouncer at one of the clubs in Leesville La.
Had problems in Leesville too, but it was over 30 yrs. ago and instead of bouncers it was a madame with a 45. That was one nasty town back then.

The closest I ever came was when I got picked up by the SPs at the Key West Navy base one night. The main entrance was so far away, and the side gate (locked) was much closer when walking back after a night of drinking. We watched some Navy guys jump the fence so we decided we could do that too. Of course we were so smashed that we didn't notice the SP truck parked right down the street until it was too late. They rounded us up and dropped us off at our ship's brow. Luckily, the guy on Quarterdeck watch was kind enough to "forget" to log it, and the OOD was nice enough to just tell us to not do that kind of shiat again. :D

Almost.

Every day on my way to work at Papa Johns I pass this (now a coffee shop) sandwich shop. One day, I see a bunch of cop cars there, and I think to myself, hey, Sparky's got robbed again (they had been robbed or had their safe drilled on several occasions). I get to work, and there's a cop in our lobby, and he's looking at me weird. My boss asks me "Hey Aaron, did you go by Sparky's today?". I said "I go by Sparky's everyday, but I've never eaten there." Then the cop starts asking me all these questions. He'd been prodding my boss to show him my employee file with my address and such (which he refused to do), and called my house to find out when I left for work.

Aparently, the description the Sparky's employee gave the cops fit me to the letter. Slender, about 6 feet tall, on foot (I ride a bike), and looked like a Papa Johns employee. Now, I'd never eaten there in my life. And to my knowledge, no Sparky's employee had come into my store. I have no idea what orifice he pulled the "Papa Johns Employee" bit from. I was late that day, so my boss was getting a bit worried. The cop left without arresting me, because my hair didn't fit the suspect's description, and that the suspect was also wearing a green jacket, and I wasn't wearing a jacket at all.

I waited until the cop was out of sight before pulling my green jacket out of my backpack. I have a feeling that If I had been wearing that jacket, I would have had a gun pointed at me the second I walked in my store.

I refuse to answer under the grounds that I'm still "on the lamb" (get your minds outta the gutter :p ) and would hate like helll to have the cops show up at my door step tryin' to pull me in for that indictment . . . . 3 counts of 1st degree murder.

I'm innocent. . . .really.

:p :D :p :D

My friends and I got bored one night (we were 17) and opened 21 fire hydrants. We were charged wuth "theft of public water" and sentenced to community service at local fire stations. As a consequence of the community service I ended up joining the fire department.

I was arrested once for being too.....damn.....good looking!!! :cool: :D

Never got arrested, but I once got charged for assault. My exwife was trying to stop me from seeing our child, and complained to the cops that after dropping our child off one Christmas Day I grabbed her arm and drove off down the street dragging her alongside the car. Strangely she had no injuries to her feet or legs, only her upper arm. (I allegedly grabbed her by the forearm.) I got charged and had to go all the way with this dumbass charge. The judge found me not guilty and awarded me all costs. Felt good to win in court (my lawyer stomped all over them and the prosecutor couldn't lay a glove on me.) But I still can't see my kid.

Cheers, Acolyte.

That's rough Acolyte, you'd think that after she filed false charges on you that would speak for her character? :barf:

Yes, and it was the most humiliating experience of my life(as it should be).

I failed to pay a speeding ticket once, years ago when I was even younger and foolisher than I am now (hard to believe). I eventually went to court (voluntarily) and appeared.

I had a "Failure To Appear" as well as my initial speeding ticket at this point. The judge set the fine I could pay, or else I could go to jail for three days. I didn't have the money.

The bailiff takes me takes my belt and shoelaces, puts mt in a lockup room with porcelain walls and a gleaming stainless steel toilet and a payphone. He tells me that the bus to the county jail is coming at 3:30. It is around noon Friday. I will be in jail all weekend if the bus gets me because at that point it will be too late to bail me out.

I will never forget my stepmother and how she was there in an hour with the bail money. That was a great experience for me as I never got into such trouble again.

I got picked up and cuffed in Perry Georgia for armed robbery in 1973. I swear I did not do it. (I think the officer thought the same because he turned me loose rather than take me in.) :D.

braddy said:
Had problems in Leesville too, but it was over 30 yrs. ago and instead of bouncers it was a madame with a 45. That was one nasty town back then.
For the most part, Leesville and surrounding areas are full of good folks. There are some people however who dislike Military people for whatever reason (maybe because we have better dental? :D ) and I think this bouncer was one of those types. Oh well, some great food tho.

Back