Photos Have you ever seen this?

Heya!

I'm new to the forums and am trying to identify a few axe heads I've found recently. Anyone have any thoughts on this hatchet? The only other mark is a "D" stamp.

33974064702_82dde1b232_b.jpg

I think I have seen that before. I believe its Chinese. Its a mark of a deer and a Chinese character. There was a thread on it recently ( i think)

aha good find! :) exactly what I was thinking of.

OP - don't let that put you off anything. Im sure its a very nice ax head and worth some time and attention.
cheers

The one up top is indeed a Chinese axe head. The Chinese character actually reads deer.

As for the M logo I have no idea. Figuring out which brand it is will probably come down to the font of the M and the numbers below.

Some recent information found said that Mann edge used the M mark on axes they made, and as well as at a time when they were secretly having some production done in Mexico.
I'm positive this axe is made in the USA though as it has convex cheeks, and the imports are about always flat cheeked and usually poor excuses for a Michigan pattern.

Those Deer-brand ones are generally considered as not being too shabby for a Chinese head.

Well, I've got some more. And so far we're 1 out of 2.

1) From China (Deer)
33974064702_82dde1b232_b.jpg

2) Still unknown. The "M"ystery.
33952005282_5a38a5e2ce_b.jpg

How about number 3?
33532219814_1ba718134a_b.jpg

And, obviously, thank you so much. It's amazing the knowledge on here.

Back