Having fun with my new Fletcher Delta 5!!

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Today I used my new to me Delta 5 to help make kindling. During the day, our home is heated by wood and coal. Helps to have some Kindling on hand to start each fire. Wanted to take some pictures of my new to me Delta 5 and needed some more kindling, so I combined the two activities. ;)

Whitty has said "Pictures don't do Fletcher knives justice", or words to that effect. I agree, this Delta 5 has one of the nicest handles that I've ever used on a knife. The contouring is amazing! My scales are some kind of Green. When I got them, they looked like gray/black Micarta. After washing the handle and oiling it lightly with Montana Pitch Blend, I can actually tell that these scales are greenish. The knife made quick work of the kindling too.

fletcher_01_med.JPG

fletcher_02_med.JPG

fletcher_03_med.JPG

fletcher_04_med.JPG

fletcher_05_med.JPG

fletcher_06_med.JPG

fletcher_07_med.JPG

fletcher_08_med.JPG

That Kindling should last a fire or two. . Am planning on building some custom leather sheaths for the knife. Hope to have some to show before Thanksgiving next week. Thanks for looking!

That's a fine looking knife Heber.......looks like it made quick work of the kindling :thumbup:

That's a fine looking knife Heber.......looks like it made quick work of the kindling :thumbup:

Thanks Prom, it sure did!

Along with kindling, I've used it in the kitchen to cut up meat and veggies and to make wood shavings. Didn't get pictures of either of those tasks, sorry. So far, it's excelled at everything I've asked of it.

That knife is sweet. Dylan knows how to make a handle that your hand doesn't want to let go. And a blade that begs to be worked. Thanks for sharing.

Dylan does awesome work. His ergonomics are simply sublime, his grinds are fantastic, and he nails his heat treat.

That knife is sweet. Dylan knows how to make a handle that your hand doesn't want to let go. And a blade that begs to be worked. Thanks for sharing.

Dylan does awesome work. His ergonomics are simply sublime, his grinds are fantastic, and he nails his heat treat.

It sure is a nice knife and Dylan knows his stuff! :)

Yes he does. I picked up this Pro 6-5 a couple of years ago, and it has traveled with me all over the southeast and from Florida to Michigan. Still goes everywhere I go.

301832_428185057204136_1113932465_n_zpsb13ce0dc.jpg

421485_428185383870770_909718291_n_zpsb9fdefb9.jpg

DSC_2646f_zps1d144135.jpg

DSC_0461_zpsfbc19f48.jpg

I think the Delta models have my favorite handle contours of his knives. It's just extremely comfortable even in long term use. That black Delta re-curve in the for sale thread is driving me nuts lol

I stared at the Monday post and this thread a while before I went to sleep last night, and then dreamed about a Delta 8 re-curve...

Dylan, thanks for making such a great knife! Brian, thanks for your pictures.

A Delta 8 re-curve could be really cool.

Great Pics! I am happy to have the shop open now. I am amazed how much interest we get on the Fletcher Knives when we put them in peoples hands. Dylan really does have a gift for making the perfect feeling handle.

Having already fielded it in a dream, I think so too man :)

Lucky duck! ;)

Great Pics! I am happy to have the shop open now. I am amazed how much interest we get on the Fletcher Knives when we put them in peoples hands. Dylan really does have a gift for making the perfect feeling handle.

Thanks Whitty! I'm glad you have the shop open, wish it was closer. Having a place to check out custom knives would be so cool! Dylan's handles are so nice, they really need to be felt to be fully appreciated.

Back