Hawk Dawgz, BUGs, etc.

the other thread was getting big, i hope no one is perturbed that i started another.

Old Age and Treachery wins out again, as you can see here;

the Senior NCO from the local Coyote SFG tasked with Hawk Guard sticks the Noob with Mid-Watch while she catches a combat Nap. Note the toe contact.

it sucks to be you, Kid. i've seen that sad-ass face before, many moons ago. in the mirror.

Sleep is Optional. No, i am not kidding....
1.JPG

they are guarding the Gen 1 Mk 4 Hawk (Number 1! Far Left in Image), and the BUGS and Sioux Buckskins that i just got dressed.
2.JPG
6.JPG

As you can see by the detail shot here, the end caps have changed from the original Gen 1 Mk 4 prototype, from a hand-formed compound to a multi-laminate wrapped cap. Both are equal, in my eyes, the multi-laminate cap (Gen 1 Mk 4-B designated) is just easier to make, and keeps the cost down - plus when we do the Sectionals it will be a lot more friendly to adapt... just to let ya know what i am thinking, brethren... i oughtta tell ya though, the Number One is a sexy, sexy beast, a little more svelte than its descendents. brother praharin owns it now - try not to BUG him.
3.JPG
4.JPG

you may have noticed;

each of the hawks has a version of our experimental Stowable Lanyard. I really like it, personally.
8.JPG

the Stowable Lanyard gets right out of the way when you don't need it, but can be used in various ways instantly, when you do.

a lot of folks hold their beloved hawks too low on the handle, so i put the butt stop wrap right below where your hand should go, while leaving a clean piece of handle underneath for a second handgrip. i think its beautamous.... feel free to do this on your own hawks, as far as i am concerned.
9.JPG

i don't know who is getting the Buckskins, to tell you the truth.

the Faux Cherrywood Heirloom Number One is going to brother praharin, as i mentioned.

the Black Widow Stealth BUG is goin' to the brother that grinds the BUG heads (ol' vec requests a moment of silence, in observation of his Studly-ness).

its Twin BUG, wrapped in Desert Dgitial, is MINE! mwa-ha-HAR!!!!

here's a close-up of the head and neck, you may note the extra loop in the wrap. the BUG head is super-imposed over an original Cold Steel Trail Hawk, to show you the relative difference between the originals and the current BUGs. - HTH. - that's 3 to 4 ounces of steel removed.
5.JPG

kindly continue to pray for the humble Hawk Project - and for the Noob Hawk-Guardin' Mexican Cur Dawg.

thanks for lookin'.

vec

Awesome stuff as always Vec! Looks like the noob really does have that "what the?" look on. Hahaha!!

Awesome stuff as always Vec! Looks like the noob really does have that "what the?" look on. Hahaha!!

she's pretty funny.

the White 'Yote doesn't say much, but the Noob is always making little comments.

she sounds like Snoopy. :D

the Coyote is disgusted with me - in the old days when i pulled out a hawk, she knew we were going to the woods.

vec

a lot of folks hold their beloved hawks too low on the handle, so i put the butt stop wrap right below where your hand should go, while leaving a clean piece of handle underneath for a second handgrip. i think its beautamous.... feel free to do this on your own hawks, as far as i am concerned.

That's interesting, Vec. That's precisely where I came to hold the Mamba. I think if people just swing them a bit, you quickly find out where they like to be held. The beauty of the longer handles is precisely what you mentioned -- you can swing them easily with one hand, or grab it with the second and get some real power behind it.

Nice Hawk's Vec, That Faux CherryWood Heirloom Number One Is Beautiful ! Thank's for sharing the picture's of all these Fine Hawk's,

So what does BUG mean...???

it means ya don't want to be BUG'd, i reckon, brother. :cool:

i call them BUGs because Bugs are the most methodical, efficient, merciless killers on the planet.

when i developed these heads by feature, and looked at them in the End Product, it was like i was looking at a giant Praying Mantis or something;

i didn't really create them, i just uncovered them.

they say to me,

"We will not hate. We will not thirst and lust for blood. We will not make destruction a romantic enterprise.

We will coldly dismantle, kill, and destroy whatever we are aimed at.

Like a Bug."

anyone who thinks a Bug is a humble thing has never watched antibiotic resistant Staph eat a human leg while staring into the victims' eyes, or observed African Locusts mow a crop down in a few minutes, or seen moose jump off of cliffsides to get away from mosquitos, only to bust up on rocks beneath them.

i don't wanna hafta BUG any buddy.

but with these, i am ready.

i like them.

vec

I shan't ever tire of looking at that picture of hte seven bug heads.
And I got an opportunity to say shan't.

vec, tell me about those heads (metal, finish, cost, etc.). Would I be able to get one that would fit a CS haft?

considering they are CS heads i bet they will fit almost perfectly;)

right.

we are rapidly loading up.

we should be selling them shortly - get a hold of Erica to get on the interest list, please.

ericag@equinoxcoronado.com

they come to me in Sandblasted 60 Grit Finish, with a light oil treatment.

they are beautiful, but prone to rust. - i think that adds character, if you keep them plain and a little rough looking, especially on wood or Faux wood shafts.

a nice mix of Old Timey and New.

we'll be selling them for 65 dollars plus shipping cost and tax i think, each, as is.

i don't think it costs much to ship one or two.

we barely make anything at that price, which is why i am going to make the extra ones into IGHs first, to raise funds. the shop has to expand again, while we are living on noodles, is pretty much our situation.

Erica might change that price, but I think that was what we agreed on a few weeks ago.

she's the Boss.

if you decide to get one, we will see what we can do about crediting you if you decide to get the head put on a Gen 1 Handle at a later date. - no promises though, because we are starting to get insanely busy with larger customer orders, such as TOPS. Once we get out the last of the Customs, we might have to take a break from the single jobs for a bit, but i love them the most, so i am sure we will get back to them, God Willing.

i hate to be that way. :(

thanks for looking.

vec

Back