1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

Hawk Pocket clip

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by GermanyChris, Nov 22, 2017.

1. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    For the first time in the year that I've been checking out the parts for sale the Hawk pocket clip is actually in stock.
    Hawk Clip.PNG

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Just in time for the holidays :), timing is everything.

HST and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  3. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Anyone mount these on a sebenza? It looks cool and it should fit, but I'm not sure if it would work well?

4. matt009au

matt009au Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Works great mate. Easy to get in and out of the pocket.

Have one on my 25. Gets rid of that hotspot issue.

Officer's Match likes this.
  5. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I mount those on any Sebenza or Zaan I plan to carry.

WithBlackwood-back.jpg

ZaanNewLBS_User-2.jpg

HST and bvo85 like this.
  6. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Do you actually push the lever button when you take it off and on, or do you just slide it on and off as a normal clip and let the spring tension do it for you? I've never handled one so I'm not certain how it works.

7. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    I push the lever to open the clip, especially when I'm repocketing the knife. You have to or else you'd tear up your pants since the clip is under pressure against the knife. That pressure is what keeps the knife so solidly in place in your pocket.

HST likes this.
  8. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  9. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    It's the best clip for retaining any knife. Not the easiest to get back on, but that's what makes the knife stay with you.

HST likes this.
  10. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20171130_212950.jpg

I came in today it's quite a bit different than stock or Millit I don't know if I like it but I'll be using it all day tomorrow setting up an event so I'll know more tomorrow.

HST and matt009au like this.
  11. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    I always have that clip on my small insingo or box elder. When I’m doubt, “In LW we trust”.

12. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    You'll find it takes a bit of getting used to, kind of a two step process putting it back in your pocket. Once I got used to it, it's just as quick as with a normal clip, and a lot less hard on the lip of your pocket.

13. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I put one on my 25 out of recommendation of a friend that it was more comfortable on the 25 than the stock clip. It might be slightly better in that way ... but I have come to really like it snd picked up a couple more to have ... may try it on other models.

14. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I had one on my 25 at one time, but didn't really care for it, so I went back to the factory clip.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  15. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    I installed one on my plain Sebenza 25 and I’ve been carrying it for a few days. It definitely eliminates the hotspot from the standard clip and I don’t notice the the tab at the rear too much while using the knife. Inserting/removing knife from a pocket hasn’t been difficult. Overall I think the standard CRK clip is still a better option. It’s simple, works very well, and costs half what the Hawk clip does.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DRLyman likes this.