Hawken Rifle

Hi Rob, This is a little off the knife topic and I hope it's OK to post here. When I lived on the Flathead Resveration in Montana, I bought a .58 cal custom Hawken Rifle from Capitol Sports in Helena MT. That was about 10 years ago, when I bought it I was told it was made by a guy with the same name as yours. Any relation?, It was a very fine rifle and I'm sorry to say I no longer have It, I traded it at the Missoula gun show about 5 years ago.
Jim

jersey jim said:
Hi Rob, This is a little off the knife topic and I hope it's OK to post here. When I lived on the Flathead Resveration in Montana, I bought a .58 cal custom Hawken Rifle from Capitol Sports in Helena MT. That was about 10 years ago, when I bought it I was told it was made by a guy with the same name as yours. Any relation?, It was a very fine rifle and I'm sorry to say I no longer have It, I traded it at the Missoula gun show about 5 years ago.
Jim

Jim... I regret to inform you that Rob Simonich has passed away on November 28, 2003 in a car accident on his way back from a deer hunting trip. :(

jersey jim said:
I'm very sorry, I apologize for my post.
Jim

it's all good... Sorry I had to tell you of his tragic death. You may want to try and email his wife at the simonich site, they may be able to help you

Back