Headache from respirator?

Oh my god. I used the respirator at work for couple hours and I have the exact pain you are descending. My manager was making fun of me saying he has never heard of someone having this sort of excruciating pain from wearing a respirator.
The pain was really bad but after resting it got better. I went back to work and after 3 weeks it came back with a vengeance when I was basically in the same position this time without a respirator.
The respirator class says nothing about taking breaks while having the respirator on. It’s a flawed design with those stupid straps. I had the full face on with pink organic vapors cartridges.
I bet a lot of these incidents go un reported. Thanks for your posts.

Welcome Kevin.

This is a three year old thread. Always look at the dates before posting on a thread you find in searching.

Agreed, with proper air flow - IN and OUT - and properly fitted straps, it should not cause a headache.

I know this is an old thread, but I did learn something from it. I have actually used my respirator in my car while transporting my son (he is at the university, and more likely to be exposed to COVID than I am), and in that environment have begun to sense some restriction to breaking in. Looks like I should change my filters ... but they are somewhat hard to find, and more expensive that usual. Oh well...

Get a breathe easy papr (these are the older model ) or a versaflo (new model) with an m105 face visor. This system is soooooo nice, cool breeze while you work, flip up visor for phone calls or drinking. Was the best $$ I ever spent in my shop!

i-rMPH2nV-X3.jpg
i-pbGsD8Z.jpg
i-bkwNwsg.jpg

yeah - those look nice for a lot of reasons (first saw one on a post from Stacy. But .... are they even available these days???? seems like I have seen photos of medical professionals on the front line using them (or something very much like them.....)

I’m a nurse, we use PAPRs often in lieu of an N95 if you are unshaven. If not shaven you can’t get a good enough seal to be protected.

making sure you have enough airflow out is important, if the mask is causing you to retain CO2 that could cause a headache. I doubt that is the problem but I don’t know how the masks work. If oxygen is getting in CO2 is getting out.

Get a breathe easy papr (these are the older model ) or a versaflo (new model) with an m105 face visor. This system is soooooo nice, cool breeze while you work, flip up visor for phone calls or drinking. Was the best $$ I ever spent in my shop!

i-rMPH2nV-X3.jpg
i-pbGsD8Z.jpg
i-bkwNwsg.jpg
With where you have the intake unit placed.Don’t eat Cabbage, Chile’s, Beans or anything Else that makes you produce a lot of Gas! Ask me how I know!:D

With where you have the intake unit placed.Don’t eat Cabbage, Chile’s, Beans or anything Else that makes you produce a lot of Gas! Ask me how I know!:D

So true. The particulate filter doesn't filter that out LOL

Hmmm. You use good knives to make good food, but don’t eat good food to make good knives. Something seems not quite aligned there. Maybe you just need to suffer to make good knives??? :)

Back