Heat treat oven storage question.

Hey guys My new paragon oven arrived and have a question about where to keep it. Do you think its Ok to store it in a garage yearlong in colorado? It gets cold here in winter and I don't want to hurt any of the electronics in it. Does anyone keep their oven in non temperature regulated areas with (semi) harsh winters?

thanks for the help.

I live in northern Canada and I'v kept my oven in my unheated shop for years will reach -30c at times, I have also heat treated stuff when its -20c in the shop and never had problems.

Cold alone will never hurt electronics... Well, reasonable cold, if you dipped something in liquid nitrogen that might hurt it... The problem comes when you have temperature changes with high humidity. That causes condensation, which can cause shorts. Cold is good for electronics. Most solid state components are made more efficient by lower temperatures, and lose their ratings at high temps.
A field expedient troubleshooting technique we used to do in the radio shop when I was in the army was to spray canned air on suspect chips to see if they would start working again (if we were suspecting over temp problems). Anyway just my two cents!

Back