Hell Bent for Leather

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This thread is for recently finished leather projects, past projects will appear in the Gallery sticky

I just completed this order for a sheath for the awesome Kephart model made by the Evil Mastermind himself, Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist and his insane clown posse at Carothers Performance Knives. Forgot to install the Chicago screws before I took the pictures, but they're kind of black in colour and look like Chicago screws

xmF0KrK.jpg

L9oL1Xh.jpg

Not immediately obvious, but it's a lefty sheath. Designed for compatibility with the well regarded Sagewood aftermarket dangle thingy

Last edited:
Sir, your letaherwork has really come a long ways in a relatively short time. Fantastic work, super clean.
thanks Dave, I appreciate it.
I've been working with leather for quite awhile, but just for my own knives and stuff so nothing finely finished and a lot of it kind of sloppy and fast.
When I started charging people money to make them stuff, I had no choice but to pick up my game. It feels to me like I still have a lot to learn, and I don't expect that to change any time soon, but I don't think I'll learn as much in total as I have over the past few years ever again- that learning curve was steep!

My father was a leather worker, even had a little brick and mortar store where he made sandals and satchels back in the mid seventies. I spent a lot of time there as a 3 year old and I think that early experience made an indelible mark

thanks Dave, I appreciate it.
I've been working with leather for quite awhile, but just for my own knives and stuff so nothing finely finished and a lot of it kind of sloppy and fast.
When I started charging people money to make them stuff, I had no choice but to pick up my game. It feels to me like I still have a lot to learn, and I don't expect that to change any time soon, but I don't think I'll learn as much in total as I have over the past few years ever again- that learning curve was steep!

My father was a leather worker, even had a little brick and mortar store where he made sandals and satchels back in the mid seventies. I spent a lot of time there as a 3 year old and I think that early experience made an indelible mark
Very interesting back story there bout your dad, thanks for sharing. I too started out making things just for myself. I wanted to make myself a pair of chinks (short chaps). I couldn't find a place to buy em from and so I made them. There was a Tandy store nearby and I would stop in there and ask the guy what tools do I need to do that process. Then I'd go home and build something using that process so I would learn that process, that technique. After a while I felt comfortable making that pair of chinks and they came out pretty darn good. that'd been bout 1984 or so. Then somebody says hey can ya make something like that for me? Then his buddy says where'd ya get that? and it begins.

Back