And I want the price at around $60

I am looking at three models:
  • Harmoni
  • Symfoni
  • Besseggen

What do you think?
Any other sugestions?
Other manufacturers?

I would go with the Harmoni or Symponi. Helle are some of the best knives around. If you're still looking for brands, look at Brusletto, Jarvenpaa, Ahti.

Can get them all at Ragweed Forge. His stock is a bit low at the moment, but
expecting more in shortly.

http://www.ragweedforge.com/

Rich S

My favorite is Helle Speider 05 about $45.
Nice grip, lightweight, quick n easy thumb
release on sheath's snap.
OAL 7 7/8 in. blade 3.5 in.
HelleSpeider.jpg

Helle05LhsPnt.jpg

Also (around $60) is the Fjellbekk, larger than the speider
and has Merbau handle. OAL 8 5/8" Blade 3 7/8"
FjellbekkLHS.jpg

Comparative size pic:
FjellbekkSpeider.jpg

KnifecountryUSA has large selection of Helle brand
and use coupon code USA to receive 10% off.

Last edited:
I only own one Helle, a "Fjellkniv", but it's great. A little less "fancy" than some but the laminated blade is for real.
I'm sure you'll love whichever one you choose, Neeman.

Last edited:
I'd stick with one of the Helle with laminated blade. While their other Sandvik blades are good, IMHO the laminated blades are better; take and hold a better edge. If you want a really top end Helle, look at their Viking - laminated carbon blade, nice curly birch handle and good sheath. A tad bit more expensive $75, but well worth it.

Rich

any helle will do, they are all beautiful, functional well made knives... the lam blades are very nice and hold a wicked edge. for around 60 - 80 you should be able to find one that speaks to you, the harmoni is a good pick i've got one somewhere :D

A big thumbs up on the Helle knives, I had a Helle Fire and it was one of the best designed little camp knives I have ever owned. You will note the past tense....it now belongs to my brother...lol.

I'm for Bessegen, I own Symfoni and Bessegen. while Bessegen is "cheaper" knife, I like it alot. Its handle suits me better and sheath is considerable better than Symfoni's. I palso prefer rant-tail tang it has over 3/4 tang of Symfoni.

I agree Rich S. Viking is no BS pure lined Puukko. Its my next puukko to buy when I find a retailer for it.

Oh, thanks Rich S!

edit: Yayy, I ordered Helle Viking now. I can't wait till it arrives!!

Last edited:
Back