Hello, SOG REVOLVER owners.

Originally posted by Bobby B
Tease poor little innocent Ol' Me???:( :confused: :eek:

Whatever have I done to deserve it???:rolleyes: :footinmou :p

Driving poor Carl to get a Recon Bowie for starters. :eek: :D Hee Hee Hee

Hey Robbie, it's After the new year... Where are the new Revolvers? he he he he. J/K ;)

Addition to Dpris question, You guys have to forgive me.!:footinmou , I get so excited about the REVOLVER, and other SOG knives that I forget so tell you that Chris from SOG is the man that can answer these questions concerning updates or changes on SOG knives, he is a super nice guy and will help you any time he can. I will tell you all I can, but have been sworn to secrecy as to the exact details, this is very hard to do, (keep my mouth shut) :grumpy:,....because obviously, human nature tends to dictate our control over things we are proud of :D , in other words I would gladly spill the beans :barf: , if I could, but Spencer Frazer and Chris might not be too happy with me:mad:, and in turn, might not EVER tell me anything else ahead of time about the REVOLVER :( So please keep asking and I will keep telling, all I can, and then you can ask Chris for the rest.

Heber !!!!!!! I see you snickering:D
Thanks.
Robbie Roberson

Thanks Robbie,
Chris sent the one I have here to play with a couple months ago, haven't been able to get around to it yet, but if the steel is good it looks like a great light duty general purpose and emergency field knife. You had a good idea.
I don't personally like serrated edges, I'm very lazy and the serrations are fine for cross cutting (rope, seatbelts, etc.) when they're sharp, but I don't think they're the best design for an all purpose blade, and the serrations take more effort to sharpen when the peaks start to go.
I'll be waiting for the non-serrated version to come out.
DPris

I hope you get a chance to try it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised, if you read some of the previous post, I think you will hear that it is a little more than a light duty knife;), I also understand where you are coming from, of course it would not be in the same category as the Tiger Shark or the Seal 2000, this knife is in a league of it's own, that is what is so unique about it's design, it has been showing it's capabilities in the small fixed blade areas, this knife will cut as good as any knife in the world, and then saw wood or bone as good or better than most small size saws . All these capabilities are contained within a fixed blade knife. So if you get a chance, take yours out and cut some wood just for fun (maybe build your self a shelter):D , Have fun and enjoy the knife :D .
Robbie Roberson

Robbie,
It'll get some use, but not today. Just finished shoveling our driveway and by the time I got the neighbor's done ours had another two inches of snow in it. Today my shelter shall remain the one we paid somebody else to build.
There'll be a photo of it appearing one of these days, the project was delayed this fall when I ran out of time before the snows hit. Couldn't get all the photography done.
By light duty I wasn't putting it down, just noting it's not quite in the same class as the Cold Steel Trailmaster or a khukri, and there's nothing wrong with that, that's not what it was designed for. Like I said, I like the knife.
Absolutely no put down intended.
DPris

By no means do I think you were putting it down Dpris, I sincerely appreciate any feedback, and you are 100% right about it not quite being in the same class of cold steel trailmaster or any of the other bigger size fixed blades, and here comes the fun part for me:D ,, I get to compare the REVOLVER on paper so to speak, with the trailmaster, I love the looks of the trailmaster, one clean looking knife, and what a blade, 9 and a half inches of "brute" cutting force, made of a quality steel, with quality handle and lanyard. Weighing in at about 16 oz..Great for chopping, slicing or any other camp chore you might have for it, over all, by never holding one or seeing one, except in a picture, I would rate it a superb camp or outdoor knife. Now, in comparison, the revolver, I also love the looks of the revolver, very clean lines and a well cut blade, about 4 and a half inches of "precise" cutting force, made of quality steel, with quality handle and lanyard. weighing in at about 6 oz., Great for :rolleyes: , sawing ? :eek: , slicing or "most" camp chores you may have for it, over all, I would rate it a superb,:rolleyes: , camp or outdoor knife, :) I can see that the REVOLVER weighs a lot less, so it does not chop very well, the blade length is a lot shorter, so it does not have the forward weight to permit this, but it just might make up this loss by being able to saw limbs instead of chop, so the biggest difference in these two superb blades are, one weighs more, one weighs less, one is longer, one is shorter, one can chop, one can saw,:eek: , both can cut like the dickens !! :D :D ;) Thank you for reading my silly comparisons. SNOW !!!!:eek: It was 70 degrees here today in Tenn. !! Robbie Roberson

Hello Scottsman, I really did not get what you mean, but I was curious if you ever got a chance to see that lock you were asking about some time back, I read it way back then but could not respond, I hope you have since got to see it and if you have, do you like the way it works ? Good to hear from you and I will try to answer anything I can for you about the REVOLVER. ;) :)
Robbie Roberson

Here is a pic of the Revolvers that Robbie emailed me. :)

sog-rev7m.jpg

Robbie, me snickering?:eek::D:D You bet'cha!!

Hi Robbie,

Just thought the guys over in Iraq and Afganistan have more important things to think about right now than letting you know how they like the Revolver (not to say they aren't pleased).

I did get a loom at the locking mech. Very slick. Not what I was expecting. More simple and solid than what I would have anticipated. If I didn't already have a SEAL pup I would have one already.

Glad you are now participating.

Best,

Sorry, I have had a lot going on the last few days and my brain is a little slow:D , I do understand now and you are very right, they have not contacted me from Iraq or Afganistan, but I did talk to a soldier, apparently in for the holidays, while I was at smoky mtn. knifeworks the day after thanksgiving. I was signing REVOLVERS for the folks and a soldier informed me he wanted 2 and he was going back soon and he was getting one for his buddy that did not get to come home, he told me he saw several soldiers using the REVOLVER and that is why he wanted these 2. :) With that one statement, he made the many years and hard work well worth it. For all our soldiers over there, I sincerely wish them the best and speedy return to their families.;) Thank you Scottsman for your reply. There is a bunch of real nice guys on here. :D Robbie Roberson.
P.S. Heber, do you hate me yet? I will figure these gadgets out one of these days,:eek: Thanks.

Back