Help... Del Tin Pompeii Gladius

i need some opinions on the albion/del tin pompeii gladius. specifically.... how do they compare to the albion mark pompeii??
i have a chance to pick one up at a good price. the albion mark is double the price. i need some input, this is gonna be sold quick.

That Albion/DelTin is an excellent buy - compare it with the Kris Cutlery version's cost and I think you'll agree. While not up to AT or the new Albion Mark blade standards I think you will be happy with it. Buy it and don't look back! Enjoy...

thanks for the input. still struggling with a decision. its definately a great deal. i just know i wont be purchasing 2 gladius, so, i wanna be happy. ive been saving for an albion mark but, looking at all options.

For double the money you can have the Albion Mark. Is it a better blade - yes. Is it double the blade? Maybe - maybe not. Albion makes both hilt components. The Del Tin blade will probably be a bit thicker but the steel is good. Keep in minde that new the Del Tin version sells for only $50 less. If you have to have THE best wait and get the Albion Mark. If you want a good Gladius for an exceptional price grab this one quick - it won't last. I'd buy it if I didn't already have the Mark version.

Hi guys! Hope your talking about the Gladius His. I got posted over at SFI. Can't believe nobody has taken it yet.:confused:

Yup we're talking about that one. Strange that no one has snapped it up yet.

ive been thinking about it. tempting. i keep looking at the albion mark and wondering if i should just keep saving. more info on the del tin may help... what steel do they use? how does it compare to 5160? it says professionally sharpened...by albion? how sharp? ive read about del tins being a bit heavy... not having much distal taper, like the albion mark. the mark pompeii is 1lb 13oz. del tin..?? any additional info would be appreciated.

Back