1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help identifying Movie or TV Prop Axe

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by MajykTryx, Dec 8, 2018.

1. MajykTryx

MajykTryx

Dec 8, 2018
    I acquired this axe from a movie prop warehouse and am hoping someone can help me identify it. Thank you in advance!

Sorry. I added the pics to the post but it didn't work. Here are the URL's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. Minnesota Man

Minnesota Man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    We need more than that bud. Pics?

3. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Please try to post a few pictures, different angles etc... Try a picture host site such as postimage, Flickr, imgur

4. ilyk

ilyk

May 14, 2015
    Um

5. MajykTryx

MajykTryx

Dec 8, 2018
    posted

6. MajykTryx

MajykTryx

Dec 8, 2018
    posted
    posted

7. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    A few auction sites list them as being used on the set of Gangs of New York.

Moonw, Square_peg and A17 like this.
  8. Moonw

Moonw

Nov 19, 2014
    Liked the movie movie; I guess you could make some profit on those unless you want to keep both.

Now if you can get your hands on the cleaver as well :)...

Square_peg likes this.
  9. MajykTryx

MajykTryx

Dec 8, 2018
    Thanks for the input guys! I watched the whole 3 hour movie pausing often and never saw them. Most of the weapons in the movie are very basic or street looking. These have a nice design. I did find a couple sites (One that you gave me) that "say" they are from Gangs of New York. I just wish I had better information.

Thank you for your help!