Help identifying this Benchmade

This BM Emerson was given to me about 4 years ago, and I'd like to know what exact model it is.

bm.jpg

Here is a close-up:

bm1.jpg

It looks like the CQC-7 that I found a picture of, but the blade on mine appears loger (3.75"). Any help is greatly appreciated!

------------------
John Gonzalez
Exclusive Dealer
Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works

BM 975 I think these were discontinued and Emerson now offers a version of their knives. I have one for sale on the forums...Ed.

Thanks guys! I am planning on selling this knife, but am unsure what to ask. It's in good condition, with some minor scratches on the blade and the clip shows some wear.

Thanks again!

------------------
John Gonzalez
Exclusive Dealer
Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works

To be precise, it's a Benchmade 975S "Emerson CQC-7". Benchmade offered both the 970 (shorter, I think it was normally listed as 3.375") and the 975, in bead-blast and Black-T ("BT"), partially serrated ("S") and plain (though I think the plain Black-T models only appeared in small quantities, right at the end). They were really popular sellers for Benchmade, right up with there with the AFCKs, until the 97-98 year boundary (is that right?), when the license from Emerson ran out and Ernie declined to renew it. Some months after that, Benchmade released the 910 Elishewitz Stryker, to have a (really terrific) tanto folder back in their line, and then Emerson Knives released their own production version of Ernie's CQC-7 (in the shorter length only).

A 970SBT was my first Benchmade... the steep tanto point and chisel grind make it impractical for utility use, and the liner lock occasionally needed a sledgehammer to release (a not altogether uncommon problem, IIRC), but it did get me started down a long path of carrying larger G10/Ti/ATS-34/(etc.)-based folders, and collecting knives, rather than just owning one or two
smile.gif

------------------
Carl /\/\/\ AKTI #A000921 /\/\/\ San Diego, California

Think this through with me ... Let me know your mind
Wo-oah, what I want to know ... is are you kind?
-- Hunter/Garcia, "Uncle John's Band"

Geez, you won't find much interest for that kind of thing here. Just because I'm a nice guy, I'll offer to take it off your hands for $10.
biggrin.gif

Back