1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Help in texas

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by tinkerer, Oct 26, 2016.

1. tinkerer

tinkerer

Oct 6, 2009
    I am an amateur maker, but I also make beautiful gunstocks.

I recently moved to the country in North Texas. All my power tools are in storage, and I find myself in desperate need of a bandsaw for a wood project.

If anyone is in the area, I would so appreciate a contact for maybe 20 minutes of usage of your bandsaw. We can work out a deal of some kind.

Thanks,

Larry Gates
    safetypro10atmsndotcom

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    North Texas is a pretty big area ... can you be a bit more specific as to your location.

3. Jason Fry

Jason Fry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2008
    Look up Texas Knifemaker's Guild on FB. There are dozens of knifemakers in North Texas. If you'd post your city, I could give you some names, likely.

4. tinkerer

tinkerer

Oct 6, 2009
    I am in Windom, between Bonham and Paris. I work in Dallas, and travel all over. SO, North Texas from Waxahachie to Sherman, from Tyler to Ft Worth would be great.

I don't do FB, not very social I guess.

Thanks,

Larry

5. Jason Fry

Jason Fry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2008
    We've got three or four guys between Bonham, Sherman, and Telephone. Travis Payne, Andrew Griggs, Ronnie Packard at least are in Bonham and the surrounding country. Send me an email frycustomknives at gmail dot com and I can forward you their contact info.

6. tinkerer

tinkerer

Oct 6, 2009
    I appreciate the help.

Good bunch here.

Larry
    Tinkerer

7. tinkerer

tinkerer

Oct 6, 2009
    Travis was a big help and has a great shop.

Appreciate the help, from you and him.

Larry

8. CWendling

CWendling

Sep 10, 2005
    Im in Nevada, maybe 30 mins south of Bonham. Welcome to come use mine. Email [email protected]

9. tinkerer

tinkerer

Oct 6, 2009
    Cory,

Thanks for the invite. I might take you up on that. My shop is still in storage, but projects go on.

Larry Gates