Help me choose Farid K2 in 10v or Yojimbo 2 in CPM-S90V

vvk

I recently bought Yojimbo 2 in CPM-S90V and like it a lot. But now the question is should I buy ANOTHER Yojimbo 2 so I can keep one as a safe queen. OR should I get the Farid's K2? I in principle I do not like all metal knives as they tend to be more slippery when wet compared with ones with Carbon Fiber scales. Also K2 is a monster of a knife that I am not sure I will be able to carry often if at all due to its size and weight. BUT boy still 10V is very tempting. So what do you guys think? Please, do not tell me to get both as my CC is already screaming like a fat kid that have just found out the candy store is closed :)

If your CC is already screaming...then you shouldn't really be thinking about buying another knife.

Hmm guess I have to evaluate utility (S90v Yojimbo 2) vs. collectors needs. Guess time to sell some of the Busse's that are just collecting dust to make it happen.
The results are starting to come in over at the spyderco forum, Sal sent 4 pieces out to be tested independently and the so far they agree that the K2 is going to be a classic.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64871

Ankerson's review

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65155

Well the Yo2 is an exclusive, and the K2 will be here for quite a while I'd think (like they Gayle Bradley). Given the way the Yo2 didn't exactly fly off the shelves, I'm not entirely sure they'll decide to reorder. I'd go Yo2 right now, you can always get the K2 later on. Also the CF Yo2 is just really freaking awesome, I love mine.

The K2 and the Slysz Bowie just came out this week so they'll be in production for a while yet. Grab the Yo2 while you can.

The K2 and the Slysz Bowie just came out this week so they'll be in production for a while yet. Grab the Yo2 while you can.

OK. You guys convinced me. Yojimbo 2 it is for now. Lets say come Xmas K2 may be also invited to the family diner :)

Back