Help me decide between a large 21 and small Inkosi

So I've already gone down the CRK rabbit hole. I have a small 21 gold leaf CGG and a large Inkosi with micarta inlays. I want to pick up another, but I can't decide what to get. I'm looking at a small Inkosi and a large 21, but I can't decide which way to go. I like the size of the small 21 I have for EDC, and I really like the way the large Inkosi fits my hand. Another small 21 isn't out of the question either.

I'm leaning toward the small Inkosi simply because it has the "Come and Take It" logo on the handle. I'm from Texas, and my family owns land in Gonzales, so that would fit me to a T. If I could find a Come and Take It small 21, I'd be all over it, but I can't find one.

Would the small Inkosi feel the same in hand as the small 21?

I've handled exactly one small Inkosi. IMO, it felt smaller than a small. I would get another small. If you cater to the small, then go that route. Myself, I prefer the large. I only have two smalls and the rest are larges.

I’ve personally never handled a small Inkosi. I have handled a small 21 and mnandi. I believe the small Inkosi is smaller than the 21. I prefer larges myself as well and wouldn’t want anything smaller than a small 21. The large micarta Inkosi is a favorite. Me personally I would take a large 21 over a small Inkosi. If you already own a large and a small, I would go with whichever you prefer and carry more now.
Worst case scenario if you get a small Inkosi and don’t like it you should be able to sell it fairly quick here

My guidance is this, take it for what it’s worth:
Most people that buy a small end up buying a large later.
Most people that buy a large don’t feel the need to buy a small later.

The Small Inkosi feels smaller, and IMHO you will really notice it if you have a larger hand. Depending on your hand size and shape, you may like the ergos much more if you feel on the Small 21 the clip acts as sort of a hotspot, or you may like it less. It seems to be a hit or a miss. For me, the ergos are better with the Small Inkosi...however, I am likely trading mine because I find the lock is a bit harder to operate on days when my arthritis flares. Here are some comparisons with a small 21 and a small Inkosi.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.55.36 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.55.57 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.56.22 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.56.30 PM.jpg

The Small Inkosi feels smaller, and IMHO you will really notice it if you have a larger hand. Depending on your hand size and shape, you may like the ergos much more if you feel on the Small 21 the clip acts as sort of a hotspot, or you may like it less. It seems to be a hit or a miss. For me, the ergos are better with the Small Inkosi...however, I am likely trading mine because I find the lock is a bit harder to operate on days when my arthritis flares. Here are some comparisons with a small 21 and a small Inkosi.

View attachment 1366863

View attachment 1366862

View attachment 1366861

View attachment 1366860
I can't thank you enough for the comparison pics. There's now no doubt now that I couldn't get all four fingers around the small Inkosi, which is a no go for me. The small 21 is just long enough for me to get my pinky around.

Looks like I'll be getting a large 21. I just have to decide which one.

My guidance is this, take it for what it’s worth:
Most people that buy a small end up buying a large later.
Most people that buy a large don’t feel the need to buy a small later.

Well, I have medium to small sized hands(size 9-10 in gloves).

I have two small 21's and could never see myself needing a larger Sebenza. For tasks needing a bigger blade I'll use a fixed blade.

The small is a perfect EDC IMO unless you have very large hands. Even some of the guys having large hands prefer the small version.

It took me something like a couple of weeks to get used to my small inkosi

to be honest the first impressions was very negative because of how small it feels compared to a small 21.
But now it is my basic EDC for almost 3 years

when it is possible for me to carry a larger blade I like to have my large 21 Insingo with micarta

the small PJ Inkosi and the L21 insingo micarta are my most carried knives

My vote goes to the large. The small was just too small for me.

6NZDAwl.jpg

I can't thank you enough for the comparison pics. There's now no doubt now that I couldn't get all four fingers around the small Inkosi, which is a no go for me. The small 21 is just long enough for me to get my pinky around.

A nice micarta or wood inlay would be sweet. Here’s some to choose from ;), old pics, some no longer live on the gulf coast

E2C1200A-178E-465E-A382-618728D3DE77.jpeg A87C3074-A075-4332-B2BD-AF872BA3AE67.jpeg

I like the smalls a lot. They are a totally different carry from the large. Kind of like the kid brother. From my experience, I’d get a small with micarta inlay. They seem to give a small just a right bit of extra needed on the grip.

Glad to help! As soon as I saw your thread, I looked down at my pocket, which had a Small 21 Insingo in it, and then looked across the room, where a Small Inkosi Insingo was sitting, and thought, "isn't this ironic!" If the Small 21 is just barely enough, the Small Inkosi will probably not be a great fit.

If you are open to suggestions, I would recommend the Knife Art Carbon Fiber Large Sebenza 21 Insingo. With the 21 ending, they are about to become a rare species, and I think it is really the pinnacle of the Sebenza so far. It's lighter than the all-ti model, each carbon fiber pattern is unique but it's different from inlays in that it does not add thickness, and it uses what I personally consider to be quite possibly the ugliest and yet most useful blade ever put on a folding knife. That's just my opinion, of course. :)

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.10.53 PM.jpg

The small Inkosi is a beautiful knife but it’s very very small ! Specs and pictures really don’t reflect how small it is until you get it in your hand. I’d get a large 21 over a small Inkosi. But with that being said I’d get a large Inkosi over them both. I’ve owned all 4 but this is just my personal preference. Don’t think you could go wrong with any CRK :thumbsup:
But man is that small Inkosi small !!!!!! ;)

The small Inkosi is a beautiful knife but it’s very very small ! Specs and pictures really don’t reflect how small it is until you get it in your hand. I’d get a large 21 over a small Inkosi. But with that being said I’d get a large Inkosi over them both. I’ve owned all 4 but this is just my personal preference. Don’t think you could go wrong with any CRK :thumbsup:
But man is that small Inkosi small !!!!!! ;)
I agree...I have a large Inkosi insingo with black micarta inlays, and it fits my hand perfectly. I've already 86'd the small Inkosi. I'll go with a large 21. Probably with natural micarta inlays.

Back