Help me decide guys: 940 or Super Freek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when I didn't order a used item. o_O :poop: People just like YOU are to blame for that. Light on fire, kick in nuts, etc. :rolleyes:

Light on fire? So not only do you stomp the ground and cry like a little kid when you get a used item you can simply return, but you also exhibit psychopathic tendencies as well. Yikes!

Light on fire? So not only do you stomp the ground and cry like a little kid when you get a used item you can simply return, but you also exhibit psychopathic tendencies as well. Yikes!
LMAO. Yep, that's it. :rolleyes: Clearly you need to read back a few pages. o_O

Who are you to decide what's ethical and what's not? Amazon clearly doesn't care about ethics by allowing me to return something for the simple reason that I dont need it. You know how many used items I returned back to Amazon? Never had a return declined on me.

Who am I? A nobody. Just another schmo. But I get my ethics from God and The Bible. It's clear that stealing is wrong ethically, which is exactly what you are doing. To you though it doesn't matter because it's a nameless and faceless corporation. If it was somebody close to you a loved one I wonder if you would feel different.

So you are now on a knife forum and it seems you have gotten a universal answer to the thread you have posted. It seems to not be what you were hoping to hear but we don't sugar coat things much.

Only daft one here is you not realizing that whoever is getting this knife used (because they want used) will get it with a sharp edge and a deep carry clip.

I get it. You're benevolently gifting your disliked, discarded knife to someone else. How do you know Amazon will mark it as used? If you're returning it to them the way you say you are, they'll probably put it in with all the new stuff. Then someone will try to buy a new knife, but get something you didn't want, even after you "improved" it.

You'd be better off ponying up the $30 for a membership and selling it here, buyers will know what they're getting, and you'll get the fair price for your used knife. If your sharpening job is as good as you say it is, I'm sure someone will buy it.

Can you show us how good your sharpening skills are?

Who am I? A nobody. Just another schmo. But I get my ethics from God and The Bible. It's clear that stealing is wrong ethically, which is exactly what you are doing. To you though it doesn't matter because it's a nameless and faceless corporation. If it was somebody close to you a loved one I wonder if you would feel different.

So you are now on a knife forum and it seems you have gotten a universal answer to the thread you have posted. It seems to not be what you were hoping to hear but we don't sugar coat things much.

Not a bible person here, I think too many people misunderstand it and split hairs rather than taking what's essential. Corporation is all about business. If it was a loved one then that's a different situation. I'm not going to treat all situations the same.

I get it. You're benevolently gifting your disliked discarded knife to someone else. How do you know Amazon will mark it as used? If you're returning it to them the way you say you are, they'll probably put it in with all the new stuff. then someone will try to buy a new knife, but get your leftovers.

You'd be better off ponying up the $30 for a membership and selling it here, buyers will know what they're getting, and you'll get the fair price for your used knife. If your sharpening job is as good as you say it is, I'm sure someone will buy it.

Can you show us how good your sharpening skills are?

If they put it in with the new stuff and someone receives it, they can easily return it back. Again, it's the cost of doing business for Amazon as well as the consumer. When I order off Amazon I know theres a chance of getting an item used and I've accepted it. Ill return it and move on. Cost of doing business.

Wow.

To the OP, why not keep the knife and order the 940? They are both fine knives and you might find a need for both.

Use part of your stimulus money to get the second knife.

I remember reading about a company, might have been Eddie Bauer, that had an incredible no receipt lifetime warranty policy. It was "the cost of doing business" for many years until too many people started abusing it. Stuff like buying totally trashed shoes and jackets at yard sales and returning them for full credit.

This is why we can't have nice things.

It may not be against Amazon's return policy, but the truth of the matter is, you're adding to "the cost of doing business" for them, and that cost is passed on to other consumers. It's not illegal, might not even be immoral, but it is tacky.

That is, assuming that you make note in your return that the item is used, and not claiming that it's in new condition. In that case, it's just plain fraud.

Not a bible person here, I think too many people misunderstand it and split hairs rather than taking what's essential. Corporation is all about business. If it was a loved one then that's a different situation. I'm not going to treat all situations the same.
Stealing is stealing, period. Lying is lying. The level of hypocrisy that you demonstrate in this post is sad. Please, for the sake of our gene pool, please don't procreate.

If they put it in with the new stuff and someone receives it, they can easily return it back. Again, it's the cost of doing business for Amazon as well as the consumer. When I order off Amazon I know theres a chance of getting an item used and I've accepted it. Ill return it and move on. Cost of doing business.
And then Amazon loses even MORE money. o_O You are a fool of the highest level if you don't understand the damage that causes. :poop: You might think your little knife is no big deal, but multiply that by millions of other entitled millennials doing the same damn thing, and suddenly it's a pretty big problem. :poop:

I remember reading about a company, might have been Eddie Bauer, that had an incredible no receipt lifetime warranty policy. It was "the cost of doing business" for many years until too many people started abusing it. Stuff like buying totally trashed shoes and jackets at yard sales and returning them for full credit.

It may not be against Amazon's return policy, but the truth of the matter is, you're adding to "the cost of doing business" for them, and that cost is passed on to other consumers. It's not illegal, might not even be immoral, but it is tacky.

That is, assuming that you make note in your return that the item is used, and not claiming that it's in new condition. In that case, it's just plain fraud.
Yep, that happened at Eddie Bauer. And now Costco and REI too. Amazon will be following suit before too long I'd imagine, exactly because of fools like this guy.

Sounds like you're talking about L.L. Bean. People started getting new boots and clothing every year, replacing boots that were barely used under that policy. The company's founder instituted the policy in the early 20th century because the rubber he used to make his waterproof boots degraded after a few years. It took until the mid 2010s for that benevolent policy to bite them. They still make great stuff, but the warranty was reduced to a year, and it's not a "no questions asked" policy, just a regular warranty against manufacturer defects.

It was almost like if Benchmade changed their Lifesharp warranty to a one year policy...

Stealing is stealing, period. Lying is lying. The level of hypocrisy that you demonstrate in this post is sad. Please, for the sake of our gene pool, please don't procreate.

And then Amazon loses even MORE money. o_O You are a fool of the highest level if you don't understand the damage that causes. :poop: You might think your little knife is no big deal, but multiply that by millions of other entitled millennials doing the same damn thing, and suddenly it a pretty big problem. :poop:

You sure do sound fun at parties. It's hilarious when you see someone so stiff making deranged statements. I bet you'd also pay for a song instead of downloading it for free on the web because you don't want the millionaire artist to lose one cent. You really have poor judgement and no wisdom to know the difference. Looks like society has conditioned you so hard growing up that they turned you into another one its cubicle office robots.

And why do I get the feeling that you telling me not to procreate is because that's what YOU have been told and it stuck with you for so long you couldn't forget someone could say that to you so now you try to say the same to someone you perceive to be as weak minded as you were?

I remember reading about a company, might have been Eddie Bauer, that had an incredible no receipt lifetime warranty policy. It was "the cost of doing business" for many years until too many people started abusing it...

I have reason to believe this is why Benchmade recently changed their policy for replacement pocket clips.

I guess we can all make mountains out of mole hills if we feel like it.

You sure do sound fun at parties. It's hilarious when you see someone so stiff making deranged statements. I bet you'd also pay for a song instead of downloading it for free on the web because you don't want the millionaire artist to lose one cent. You really have poor judgement and no wisdom to know the difference. Looks like society has conditioned you so hard growing up that they turned you into another one its cubicle office robots.

And why do I get the feeling that you telling me not to procreate is because that's what YOU have been told and it stuck with you for so long you couldn't forget someone could say that to you so now you try to say the same to someone you perceive to be as weak minded as you were?
LMAO, truly. You couldn't be more wrong about any of this. :rolleyes: Again, you're projecting.

I guess we can all make mountains out of mole hills if we feel like it.

You seem like you have no concept of how your actions affect others. I'm willing to bet you don't follow social distancing protocols because you're still young and healthy, and COVID-19 will be like a cold to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back