Help me find a fixed blade

I am looking for a fixed blade with a 3-3.5 inch blade that I can carry IWB with a blade that will not rust very eazy. Know some about guns but not much about knives. Thank

benchmade 180 outbounder, a good choice for a small fixed blade!!!

you can get one for a decent price at knifeworks.com from Roger

How 'bout a Marble's Sport99?
You'd have to make (or have made) the IWB sheath, but it is a neat little knife.
Normark, here on the forums, makes some fine kydex sheaths.
Buy the knife for the knife not for the sheath.
;)

just have to thow in the Oldtimer Sharpfinger. Regular model will rust, but with proper care will hold up - they make a SS model too - can't remember what it's called tho. Very inexpensive knife that will take a wicked edge (1095 model).

michael

"that will not rust very eazy"

Why recommend a plain carbon steel like 1095 or 52100, or even D2? These are all excellent steels, but this is not what was asked. Plus, we have a person who admits to knowing little about knives. This tells me he/she is not likely to spend a bunch of money on a nice custom. This even leaves the highly recommended(and excellent) Dozier knives out of the price consideration.

I am going to recommend a Spyderco Moran drop point. This is a knife that fits the bill. It is the right size(and light as a feather), ground from an excellent Stainless steel(VG10), is set up for multiple carry options, and can be found anywhere for $50-60. Of all the expensive custom knives I have, this Spyderco gets carried and used the most, and I would recommend it to anyone. That super thin flat ground VG10 blade just cuts and cuts and keeps on cutting!

Scott Cook Owyhee. Large or Small, you can't go wrong. I just received one of his large Owyhees with a Buckeye burl handle and S30V blade. It is without question the nicest knife I have ever seen. Check out Scott's website www.scottcookknives.com

Phil

Back