Help me identify these folders

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 5seven, Oct 1, 2015.

1. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    Collected these many years ago and can't remember the model names. Can anyone help. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. RedLynx

RedLynx Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 5, 2011
    The larger, small knife with the hole looks like a Spyderco Kiwi, but then, perhaps the even smaller knife behind it is, I don't know if they made a mini-version as I haven't owned this model... The knife fourth from the top looks like a SOG but the model name escapes me at the moment, although it's a pretty good model if I remember correctly...

The autos might be Microtechs but those familiar with the brand will have to weigh in on that one, if they are really Microtechs. Hard for me to tell.

3. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    Thanks! yes 2 microtech and 1 dalton, just don't know the model names.

4. RedLynx

RedLynx Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 5, 2011
    That's really cool. You seem to have some pretty high end (by my standards and budget) knives there. Much cooler to forge their names and rediscover them one day than find out they are just cheapos (which is what usually happens.) Very cool.

5. Onies

Onies

Apr 29, 2006
    Top one is Columbia River Knife and Tool. I wanted to say Wasp, but it's not.

6. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    It is, but I have never seen another one like it. It is an automatic. Got it in washington state about 15 years ago.

7. Austinaftermath

Austinaftermath

Sep 2, 2009
    The Crkt is a Michael Walker model. The Spyderco Kiwi is jogged red bone and the smaller Spyderco is a Hummingbird in stag.

8. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Microtech Hawk, Dalton M6, Microtech Halo.

9. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Sog aricept

10. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    All right! Now the Owen Wood one.

11. average gimp

average gimp

Jun 5, 2009
    The top one is a CRKT Bladelock. It was designed to lock open and closed. Interesting design, but it was made by CRKT, so not one I'd recommend as a user unless you're trapped in NYC--there should be no way to open it inertially.

12. kwackster

kwackster

Dec 23, 2005
    The tiny Spyderco to the right of the Kiwi is a Spyderkey also known as Hummingbird.
    Quite rare these days.

13. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    Owen Wood knife has this stamp on it.

Attached Files:

14. corjzg

corjzg

Nov 5, 2010
    Sorry Carlito, you were 2 for 3, the Dalton is actually a tanto Millenium SOF 97 (Soldier of Fortune 1997). Arguably the hardest hitting SA OTF ever made, these are quite rare.

OP If you plan on selling, mint value on these is at least $500, but you could likely get more if the right collector wandered by...
    JG

15. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Have you asked Owen Wood?

16. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    great idea red mag
    corjzg, thanks for the info. hard hitting is right, I knew someone who put one thru his hand

17. 5seven

5seven

Aug 9, 2015
    How do you go about finding prices on dalton's and microtech's. If they have went up in value since I purchased them, I should consider selling them.

18. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Correct, It's a Michael Walker model 4003 Bladelock by CRKT. It's not a very good knife but fun to look at the attempt. That comment would apply to most CRKT's, lol.

19. Nuclear

Nuclear

Dec 16, 2011
    Check email please