Help Me Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron, First of all let me state that my name is Lance and I have read nothing but great things about you. I have been a huge fan of SOG multitools since the first Paratool I got almost 10 years ago. Now the worst has happened. My new Swithplier died yesterday! It happended suddenly and without warning, one moment I was happily plying away, the next I think the spring broke! Needless to say I'm heartbroken and I need a little direction. Please post here or email me @ leemery@yahoo.com with instructions. Help me Obi-Ron, you're my only hope.
smile.gif

Oh, my goodness ... "Help me, Obi-Ron" ...

Lars, you're going to have to explain to my co-workers why I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe ...

DOn't know if you're aware, but you've just quoted Robin Williams (from Live At The Met, '86, I think). Mr. Williams is talking about some crazy Star Wars/80's fantasy ... Ronald Reagan is Obi-Ron, Margaret Thatcher is Princess Leia, with two sticky buns strapped to her head yelling "Help me, Obi-Ron ... help me, Obi-Ron ...." (Oh, no, here come those wracking fits of laughter again!)

For the record, it's a matter of probably minutes until Ron replies with some way that SOG will make this right. He & SOG always do.

Ron, I think that's it ... if I have my way, the name will stick.

"Help me, Obi-Ron ..."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Lars,

"Obi-Ron." Hummmm...I'll have to think about that. I'm not a big "moniker" fan. But this is very honoring! (Also, very funny!
smile.gif
)

To your SwitchPlier. I'm so sorry for the problems. Be assured that it is under warranty. Check out our warranty return instructions from SOG's Warranty Page.

Send it back...we'll take care of you!

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, Inc.

SOGLogo3.gif
The SOG Forum

I actually saw that Star Wars parody, I think I was about 5, so I missed out on a lot of it. From what I remember, it was hilarious; drills were their blasters, Chewbacka (sp?) was Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, the Deathstar was a giant basketball etc. Oh, yeah, Darth Vader didnt' have the cool voice effect, the helmet completely muffled and distorted his voice, so no one could understand what he was saying:

DV: ghadj aghasdldk ghfald rjwd!
Leia: What? What are you saying? You weirdo, get away from me!

Wish I could find that...

*pounding on the desk laughing*

Oh MAN this is funny!
LMAO!
First the thread title, I see
"Help me Ron" and I automatically think "Help me Ron, DUH! Help, help me Ron, DUH!" (Okay so I'm showing my age.)

Then the Obi-Ron reference. Sorry Ron, I feel the same way about monickers (Always liked Colonel Klink's though!) but I think you may be stuck with Obi-Ron.
biggrin.gif

But then, to top it all off, there's the small typo changing SwitchPliers to SwithPliers, and I thought he was saying SWISS pliers with a LISP!
LMAO

------------------
Desenfundeme no sin la razón, envaineme no sin honor
Usual Suspect
TANSTAASFL

:) I'm glad this has brought smiles (if not gut aches) to all. I can "bare the burden" of such humor (or the butt of jokes) for the sake of being a true Customer Service professional.

May the farse be with us all. ;)

Back