• The Wait Is Over. From this thread, orders for the 2023 BladeForums Traditional Knife are open & here's your handy order button.
    OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS $200 ea, one per household, must have been a member prior to 3/2023
    User Name

HELP: Microtech Screws

Oct 3, 1998
Where do i get the bits to take the clip off of my MOD and Microtech knives? I work with cars and checked with SnapOn and Mac tools with no luck. Please let me know where I can get the proper tool.
Thanks in advance Nick
Hi Nick - what you need are spline drive wrenches. Tim Flanagan of Nor'east Knives sells these. He's looking to get some more in soon so you might want to get in touch with him. Hope this helps.

Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Thank you Dexter. It only took you 10 minutes to give me an answer. Thats why I love it here. Nick
They are Spline drive bits.

Ask Doc Welch or Mark Boyer, they both seem to have lines on where to get these babys.


Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here
hi nick!
go to links at the beginning of this forum, then to related sites. under that you will
see a listing for "McMaster-Carr".
the two sets i have and recommend are:
item#7048A54 9 pc. set (l-key) $9.00 approx.

item#5399A24 1/4" hex bit set w/ratchet handle $9.07 set

these are spline drive, sometimes called bristol key

they have three distribution centers with no minimum buying and 2-3 day delivery.
Santa Fe Springs, Calif, 562-692-5911
Atlanta,GA, 404-346-7000
New Jersey 732-392-3200
nick, you don't need both sets,either one will work.
hope this will help you, and i didn't step on anyones toes.