• UT-Rap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • U-Trap

• UTRAP

• Total voters

RyanW

I have a fairly large run of Karambits in the works, I tossed the idea around at SHOT Show and have a few people / companies on board... Over dinner (And a few drinks) I have pinned down a name but need to get some input on how to put the "Text" on the blade

This started with the obvious (and over used) Raptor Claw that a karambit blade resembles. Here in Utah we are famous for the dinosaur Utah Raptor:

Utahraptor (meaning "Utah's predator"[1]) is a genus of theropod dinosaurs. It contains a single species, Utahraptor ostrommaysorum, which is the largest known member of the family Dromaeosauridae. Fossil specimens date to the upper Barremian stage of the early Cretaceous period

Most of the interest in this knife was in the Law Enforcement / Military world as a secondary weapon in defense of their primary weapon.
Scenario: Someone tries to take over or gain control of an officers sidearm. This would involve Trapping the firearm in the holster with the right arm/hand. Drawing the Karambit with the left and using to neutralize the threat while keeping control of their firearm. The word "Trap" stood out so the name UTrap was born. This plays on the words "Utah Raptor" and "You Trap" My question is what is the best Text to relay this name

Please take a minute and place your Vote!!

How about adding in the Native American heritage in that area as well.....call it the Uterap......combining the Utah Ute with the raptor name. Just another idea. And it would be pronounced you trap....so it goes with your idea, ties it back to Utah, a strong tribe of native Americans as well as a beast of a dinosaur! Just an idea...

RAAM... you have connections to Utah? I had the thought of doing exactly what you said going with Uterap but wanted to keep it simple. People have a really hard time pronouncing the name of my High Uinta design.. They always say High Ooointah. Thanks for your input my friend

I was a Utah State Aggie....played lacrosse there. One nice thing about Uterap is if you read it frenetically....it sounds like you want it to......so it may help. Let me know what you decide to finally name it.

Back