Help on info for limited edition Griptilian

I have a Benchmade 551SBTGY Griptilian MDP, #25 of 100 limited edition. 440 C , Gray (not g-10) handles. Does anyone have knowledge of this? Is it rare? The grind and serrations are phenomenal, I’d like to use it. The brochure in the box is dated 2002. Thank you for any info, Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello- is anyone here? Nobody has info on this? Thought I would try BladeForums but guess I made a mistake!!!! Sorry to bother you

there may not be anyone here that’s familiar with that particular LE grip. with it being that old & such a small run, and also considering it wasn’t an upgrade in steel or handle material, just color, it probably isn’t a well known variation of the knife. i’d go ahead & use it if it were me, but that’s up to you. it is a rare configuration, but don’t think it’s anything that’ll potentially add value to it.

just reread, you don’t actually specify, but i’m assuming the scales are frn, since you did say they’re not g10.if they’re something else that could raise the value.

From the little I could find, it might be of interest to a collector. Does it have an opening hole or a thumbstud? If it has an oval opening hole instead of round that would add to it's collectibility. Still I don't think you'll get much for it, I'd recommend just using it & enjoying it.

Back